Dell Laptop DVD Writing software

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mick, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Hi all,
    If you remember me asking about how to display a family tree
    programme, I decided to do it with a laptop and enjoy the extra functions.
    I have got a new Dell Inspiration 1300.

    It has a DVD R/W Drive and uses "Roxio" burning software in 5 programmes.

    Roxio DLA
    My DVD LE
    Record Now Audio
    Record Now Copy
    Record Now Data

    On my desktop computer I bought and use Nero 6.
    Can anyone think of any reason why I cannot uninstall the Roxio programmes,
    and re install my Nero 6 .
    I find the Nero good and easy to use, but do not want to do anything that
    may later give me problems.
    Thanks for any input,
    Mick.
    Mick, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Mick

    old jon Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > If you remember me asking about how to display a family tree
    > programme, I decided to do it with a laptop and enjoy the extra functions.
    > I have got a new Dell Inspiration 1300.
    >
    > It has a DVD R/W Drive and uses "Roxio" burning software in 5 programmes.
    >
    > Roxio DLA
    > My DVD LE
    > Record Now Audio
    > Record Now Copy
    > Record Now Data
    >
    > On my desktop computer I bought and use Nero 6.
    > Can anyone think of any reason why I cannot uninstall the Roxio
    > programmes, and re install my Nero 6 .
    > I find the Nero good and easy to use, but do not want to do anything that
    > may later give me problems.
    > Thanks for any input,
    > Mick.

    Can`t see any reason why you shouldn`t remove Roxio if
    you want to. Especially as you prefer Nero.
    Might pay you to do a Regedit check after you get rid of
    Roxio, as it will probably leave some references in the Registry.
    In fact you could do a computer Search as well.

    --
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Mick

    10_4 Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > If you remember me asking about how to display a family tree
    > programme, I decided to do it with a laptop and enjoy the extra functions.
    > I have got a new Dell Inspiration 1300.
    >
    > It has a DVD R/W Drive and uses "Roxio" burning software in 5 programmes.
    >
    > Roxio DLA
    > My DVD LE
    > Record Now Audio
    > Record Now Copy
    > Record Now Data
    >
    > On my desktop computer I bought and use Nero 6.
    > Can anyone think of any reason why I cannot uninstall the Roxio
    > programmes, and re install my Nero 6 .
    > I find the Nero good and easy to use, but do not want to do anything that
    > may later give me problems.
    > Thanks for any input,
    > Mick.

    The only thing I can think of is, the Nero license is for one computer only.

    Good luck!
    10_4, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Mick

    Mick Guest

    "10_4" <> wrote in message
    > The only thing I can think of is, the Nero license is for one computer
    > only.
    >
    > Good luck!

    Hi all, I have done this and all is working ok, the Nero is on an OEM disc
    that I had with another desktop computer, so I should think as long as I
    remove the Nero from that before I sell it all will be legal,
    Mick.
    Mick, Mar 10, 2006