    sensitive. Will dell replace the keyboard if still under warranty? if
    so, will i have to send computer back or will they send new one and
    tell me how to do it thanks

    KOS, May 22, 2009

  2. KOS

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 23 May 2009 00:44:59 +0000 (UTC), "SteveBell"
    <> wrote:

    >You've done pretty much everything you can do yourself.
    >
    >>Will dell replace the keyboard if still under warranty? if
    >>so, will i have to send computer back or will they send new one and
    >>tell me how to do it thanks

    >These questions will be answered when you call Dell.

    Didn't see the OP since they're on GG..

    Dell will send you a replacement keyboard under warranty. Simple
    replacement.

    Evan Platt, May 23, 2009

  3. KOS

    chuckcar Guest

    KOS <> wrote in

    > hi, i have a dell inspiron laptop, the 'a' key is way too sensitve, i
    > already have tried to adjust the keyboard via control panel. I also
    > have removed the key and cleaned the area.. still it is a bit too
    > sensitive. Will dell replace the keyboard if still under warranty? if
    > so, will i have to send computer back or will they send new one and
    > tell me how to do it thanks

    A keyboard costs $20-30 in a computer store. Nothing's stopping you from
    buying a different one. My bet is that you will not get it replaced for free
    unless it's not working at all. Only Dell would know of course.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 23, 2009
  4. KOS

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 23 May 2009 02:09:34 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >A keyboard costs $20-30 in a computer store. Nothing's stopping you from
    >buying a different one. My bet is that you will not get it replaced for free
    >unless it's not working at all. Only Dell would know of course.

    A keyboard... On a laptop.

    Read much chucktard?

    And Dell WILL replace a keyboard under warranty if even ONE key is not
    working.

    Unless you know what you're talking about, STFU.

    Evan Platt, May 23, 2009
  5. KOS

    chuckcar Guest

    "nobody >" <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> KOS <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> hi, i have a dell inspiron laptop, the 'a' key is way too sensitve, i
    >>> already have tried to adjust the keyboard via control panel. I also
    >>> have removed the key and cleaned the area.. still it is a bit too
    >>> sensitive. Will dell replace the keyboard if still under warranty? if
    >>> so, will i have to send computer back or will they send new one and
    >>> tell me how to do it thanks
    >>>

    >> A keyboard costs $20-30 in a computer store. Nothing's stopping you
    >> from buying a different one. My bet is that you will not get it
    >> replaced for free unless it's not working at all. Only Dell would know
    >> of course.
    >>

    > Gawd Chuckie.. can't you READ? "dell inspiron laptop" as in LAPTOP?

    show me a current laptop that you can't hook up an external keyboard to.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 24, 2009
  6. KOS

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 24 May 2009 01:35:58 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >show me a current laptop that you can't hook up an external keyboard to.

    Gee, and all those laptops we have at work with a broken screen... To
    think we've been keeping them in a drawer - I could still use em. Just
    carry around a LCD with them.

    Evan Platt, May 24, 2009
  7. Evan Platt wrote:

    > chucktard wrote:
    >> show me a current laptop that you can't hook up an external keyboard
    >> to.

    > Gee, and all those laptops we have at work with a broken screen... To
    > think we've been keeping them in a drawer - I could still use em.
    > Just carry around a LCD with them.

    I have an old Fujitsu laptop with a dead screen, so I carry a 21" CRT
    monitor around with me. No problem, except once the flight attendant
    made me put the monitor in the overhead compartment. Fortunately, the
    cable is long enough so I could still get some work done; though it took
    a week to get rid of the crick in my neck.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 24, 2009
  8. KOS

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 23 May 2009 20:14:58 -0700, "nobody >"
    <> wrote:

    >Backpedal your way out of this one.

    He won't. This is the point where he simply leaves the thread.

    Evan Platt, May 24, 2009