dell inspiron 6000 notebook

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ray, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. Ray

    Ray Guest

    a friend of mine asked me what i thought abot this cos he's thinking
    of buying one. i have no idea. has anyone had experienceof this ?
    recommend or not? the main use will be to run photoshop, do a little
    video/dvd editing and usual surfing/ email /letters etc..

    http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/inspn_6000?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

    Processor
    Intel® CentrinoT Mobile Technology with Intel® Pentium® M Processor
    740 (1.73GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB) & Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200
    (802.11b/g)
    Memory
    512MB 400MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    40gig hd
    Graphic Card
    Intel® GMA 900 shared graphics memory up to 128MB
    Optical Drive
    Integrated 8x DVD-ROM/24x CDRW Combo Drive

    thanks in advance

    ~ray
    Ray, Apr 1, 2005

  2. Ray wrote:
    > a friend of mine asked me what i thought abot this cos he's thinking
    > of buying one. i have no idea. has anyone had experienceof this ?
    > recommend or not? the main use will be to run photoshop, do a little
    > video/dvd editing and usual surfing/ email /letters etc..
    >
    > http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/inspn_6000?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs
    >
    > Processor
    > Intel® CentrinoT Mobile Technology with Intel® Pentium® M Processor
    > 740 (1.73GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB) & Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200
    > (802.11b/g)
    > Memory
    > 512MB 400MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    > 40gig hd
    > Graphic Card
    > Intel® GMA 900 shared graphics memory up to 128MB
    > Optical Drive
    > Integrated 8x DVD-ROM/24x CDRW Combo Drive

    It'd be great for surfing, email, letters etc. For Photoshop and video
    and DVD editing your friend would be far better off with a desktop
    computer with better specs. The 512MB RAM is okay but 1GB would be
    better. The 40GB hard drive will seem extremely claustrophobic doing
    editing of videos of much size. And the DVD drive in the specs doesn't
    burn DVD's, it just plays them.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 1, 2005

  3. Ray

    Ray Guest

    HI Ma. Re: dell inspiron 6000 notebook

    I put the question to a news group and so far this is one reply:
    (ps. ray is my usenet 'name')

    jeremy.xx

    Ray, Apr 1, 2005
  4. Ray

    Plato Guest

    Ray wrote:

    > a friend of mine asked me what i thought abot this cos he's thinking
    > of buying one. i have no idea. has anyone had experienceof this ?
    > recommend or not? the main use will be to run photoshop, do a little
    > video/dvd editing and usual surfing/ email /letters etc..

    One important thing with laptops the the number of years the screen is
    warranteed for. As if the screen goes bad it's NOT worth the money to
    have it replaced out of warranty.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 1, 2005
  5. Ray

    Ray Guest

    thanks for the feedback.
    On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:54:37 +0100, Ray <d@x> wrote:

    >a friend of mine asked me what i thought abot this cos he's thinking
    >of buying one. i have no idea. has anyone had experienceof this ?
    >recommend or not? the main use will be to run photoshop, do a little
    >video/dvd editing and usual surfing/ email /letters etc..
    >
    >http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/inspn_6000?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs
    >
    >Processor
    >Intel® CentrinoT Mobile Technology with Intel® Pentium® M Processor
    >740 (1.73GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB) & Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200
    >(802.11b/g)
    >Memory
    >512MB 400MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    >40gig hd
    >Graphic Card
    >Intel® GMA 900 shared graphics memory up to 128MB
    >Optical Drive
    >Integrated 8x DVD-ROM/24x CDRW Combo Drive
    >
    >thanks in advance
    >
    >~ray

    ~ray
    Ray, Apr 2, 2005