    change the display settings to 1024 X 768, I have to "scroll" the screen to see
    the icons. How do I fix this? Thanks

    George

    GT Grand Prix 00, Aug 22, 2004

  2. GT Grand Prix 00

    Brad Griffis Guest

    You better check out your manual, but the reason you have to scroll your
    screen is likely due to the fact that the screen does not have enough pixels
    to display that high of a resolution. I have a Dell Inspiron 3200 and I
    believe it only does 800x600 max. Also, I know in mine I could only install
    128 MB of RAM as the maximum.

    Better get out your manual and see check those out, but based on my Inspiron
    3200 I'd say you've hit the max for both resolution and RAM.

    If you hook it up to an external monitor then you can run it at the higher
    resolution and see the whole screen without scrolling.

    Brad

    Brad Griffis, Aug 23, 2004

  3. GT Grand Prix 00

    Nascar24Rulz Guest

    In regards to that, are there different 3800's? The one I am asking about is a
    Celeron 600 mhz, just like the one I had before. The one I had before I could
    set at 1024 X 768, and had 256 megs of ram. The book that I had from my old one
    said I can go to 512 on the ram. Would Dell help me if I emailed them the
    service tag? or will their webpage identify this info?

    Nascar24Rulz, Aug 23, 2004