    not power up again except for the power led flashing. Even after
    unplugging power and taking out battery. Im just asking for ideas
    because at this point i dont know where to look. Thanks
    emleman, Jun 6, 2007

  2. emleman

    Mike R Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 22:36:53 -0000, emleman <> wrote:

    >I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 that will power up sometimes but will get
    >to the Windows XP Loading Screen and then just shut down. The green
    >power LED Flashes but nothing seems to have power, no fan running or
    >anything. After it shuts down from the Windows load screen it will
    >not power up again except for the power led flashing. Even after
    >unplugging power and taking out battery. Im just asking for ideas
    >because at this point i dont know where to look. Thanks

    Is it out of warranty?
    Mike R, Jun 7, 2007

  3. emleman

    Guest

    It seem like you're having a problem with you're memory. At the
    windows load window it's putting all of you're start programs into
    memory so one or two of you're memory chips must be failing. Try
    pulling one out and booting up and if it quits then try the other one
    alone and see if that boots either. If you have a friend see if he or
    she has compatible RAM and try using theirs.
    , Jun 7, 2007
  4. emleman

    FOG Guest

    It may be a flat battery, it may be starting up on the surface charge that
    is left in the battery. Check charger for output with a multimeter.

    FOG, Jun 7, 2007
  5. On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 22:36:53 -0000, emleman <> wrote:

    >I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 that will power up sometimes but will get
    >to the Windows XP Loading Screen and then just shut down. The green
    >power LED Flashes but nothing seems to have power, no fan running or
    >anything. After it shuts down from the Windows load screen it will
    >not power up again except for the power led flashing. Even after
    >unplugging power and taking out battery. Im just asking for ideas
    >because at this point i dont know where to look. Thanks

    Did you add anything to your computer recently that might be drawing
    more power? If so, it might be that your power supply isn't capable
    of running everything. Likewise, the power supply might be shot and
    need to be replaced. I had the latter problem once and had
    experienced similar problems as you.
    knowway_knowhow, Jun 7, 2007
  6. emleman

    WarCriminal Guest

    On Jun 6, 6:36 pm, emleman <> wrote:
    > I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 that will power up sometimes but will get
    > to the Windows XP Loading Screen and then just shut down. The green
    > power LED Flashes but nothing seems to have power, no fan running or
    > anything. After it shuts down from the Windows load screen it will
    > not power up again except for the power led flashing. Even after
    > unplugging power and taking out battery. Im just asking for ideas
    > because at this point i dont know where to look. Thanks

    Chances are that your CPU is over-heating. RAM errors would either
    beep on bootup or blue screen, it wouldn't power off.

    Battery problems can be eliminated as an option if you plug in the
    power cord. Plug it in and if it still does the same thing, it's not
    the battery.

    It won't be the power supply if it will give you a green light. It's
    most likely overheating, meaning the internal fans aren't running. It
    only takes a few seconds for a CPU to overheat and have the
    motherboard shut it down.
    WarCriminal, Jun 7, 2007
  7. emleman

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:53:05 -0700, ahamilton55 wrote:

    > you're memory.

    No he/she is the OP.

    > you're start programs

    No he/she is the OP.

    > you're memory chips

    No he/she is the OP.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007.1 and Ubuntu 7.04

    the other English teams put together :)
    Aardvark, Jun 7, 2007
  8. emleman

    emleman Guest

    On Jun 6, 5:36 pm, emleman <> wrote:
    > I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 that will power up sometimes but will get
    > to the Windows XP Loading Screen and then just shut down. The green
    > power LED Flashes but nothing seems to have power, no fan running or
    > anything. After it shuts down from the Windows load screen it will
    > not power up again except for the power led flashing. Even after
    > unplugging power and taking out battery. Im just asking for ideas
    > because at this point i dont know where to look. Thanks

    Something new:

    It started up fine and i was able to use it like normal until i moved
    it. As soon as i start to turn it around to plug in my thumb drive it
    shuts off.
    emleman, Jun 9, 2007
  9. emleman

    Sorry for being a Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Is the power connector able to wiggle in the socket? - could be that the connector is becoming loose.
    Sorry for being a Veteran, Jun 12, 2007