Dell Inspirion 1525 wireless connection problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by igrac, Oct 13, 2009.

  1. igrac

    igrac

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hello everybody,

    I need help regarding to wireless connection on my Dell Inspirion 1525 laptop. I have Home network with router/AP Thomson SpeedTouch with one PC ( with LAN card ) and with two laptops ; one is Acer One and I use this laptop few months. Yesterday I bought new laptop Dell Inspirion 1525 with Windows XP and with all necesary drivers.
    Problem occured when I try to conect my Dell to internet via router. I can not receive IP address by DHCP server and instead I receive Autoconfiguration address.
    When I check ipconfig i see that DHCP is enabled. Other Acer laptop work normally and on that laptop I recieve DHCP IP address.

    If somebody have any sugestion please help me,

    Another question is ; Is it possible to conect and use internet without IP address assigned by DHCP ?

    Best regards,

    igrac

    igrac, Oct 13, 2009