    your opinions would an HP or Compaq be better than Dell? Have their own
    issues? I did have a Compaq as my first computer some years ago. My
    godmother is still using it (just for email) 12 years later.

    Tara Legale, Nov 24, 2007

  2. Tara Legale

    Baron Guest

    Tara Legale wrote:

    > I've about had it will all the problems I've experienced with my Dell,
    > not
    > to mention how hard it is to get help from their (India based)
    > support. In
    > your opinions would an HP or Compaq be better than Dell? Have their
    > own
    > issues? I did have a Compaq as my first computer some years ago. My
    > godmother is still using it (just for email) 12 years later.

    What you got 12 years ago in terms of quality was far better than you
    would get now. Today these machines are built down to a price! You
    only get what you pay for!

    Anyway IMHO Dell have about the best production lines going, so thats
    where I put my business. After three years bin it and buy a new one.
    Although in three years the lifetime may be down to two.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.

    Baron, Nov 25, 2007