    --
    The average U.S.tax burden exceeds the total amount spent on food, clothing
    and shelter. ( http://www.TaxFoundation.org )

    Vic Dura, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Vic Dura

    Liz Guest

    "Vic Dura" <> wrote
    > Can anyone tell me how to perform a "monitor reset" on a Dell E551c
    > monitor; or provide a link to the instructions?
    >
    > I've got some blotchy colors that look like the monitor needs to be
    > degaussed. The Solutions Guide says to see the Monitor Guide. The
    > Monitor Guide says to see the documentation on the monitor CD. The
    > documentation on the CD says to do a "monitor reset" but doesn't say
    > how. When I go to the Dell web site and spend 10-minutes filling out
    > the screen form, I get a "...page not found..." error message when I
    > submit the form.

    Your monitor provides a self-test feature that allows you to check whether
    your monitor is functioning properly. If your monitor and computer are
    properly connected but the monitor screen remains dark, run the monitor
    self-test by performing the following steps:

    1. Turn off both your computer and the monitor.

    2. Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer.

    3. Turn on the monitor. If the monitor is functioning properly,
    you will see a full white screen with slight retrace lines.

    4. Turn off your monitor and reconnect the video cable;
    then turn on both your computer and the monitor.

    5. While in self-test mode, all the LEDs remains green.

    http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/monitors/56ttk/English/TROUBLE/trouble.htm

    If the above link doesn't work. Go to this link.
    http://support.dell.com/us/en/home.asp
    In the Support Search box type: Dell E551c monitor reset> click Search.

    Dell E551c Color Monitor User's Guide
    http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/monitors/56ttk/English/intro.htm

    If the above link doesn't work. Go to this link.
    http://support.dell.com/us/en/home.asp
    In the search box type: Dell E551c Color Monitor User's Guide.

    Liz, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Vic Dura

    Vic Dura Guest

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:25:33 GMT, RE: Re: Dell E551c monitor
    reset/degauss "Liz" <> wrote:

    >Your monitor provides a self-test feature that allows you to check whether
    >your monitor is functioning properly.

    Thanks very much for your help.

    Regards,
    Vic Dura