    I goofed and went to plug the power cable into a hand drive with
    the unit running and I saw a little arch.

    Thanks John B

    John B, Feb 2, 2010

  2. John B

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:27:31 -0600, John B wrote:

    > Can anyone help me please. I have to get a new power supply for Dell
    > Dimension 8100, I would like to get a 400 watt.
    > The cheapest I found was about $65.00. I really hate to
    > spend
    > that much because I might have fried my mother board and cpu also.
    >
    > I goofed and went to plug the power cable into a hand drive
    > with
    > the unit running and I saw a little arch.
    >

    > Thanks John B

    Take your pick:

    < http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=400w
    +psu&_sacat=See-All-Categories >

    Snurled link:

    < http://snipurl.com/u93n1 >

    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy

    Aardvark, Feb 2, 2010

  3. John B

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:56:10 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:35:05 GMT, Aardvark
    > <>wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:27:31 -0600, John B wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can anyone help me please. I have to get a new power supply for Dell
    >>> Dimension 8100, I would like to get a 400 watt.
    >>> The cheapest I found was about $65.00. I really hate to
    >>> spend
    >>> that much because I might have fried my mother board and cpu also.
    >>>
    >>> I goofed and went to plug the power cable into a hand
    >>> drive with
    >>> the unit running and I saw a little arch.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks John B

    >>Take your pick:
    >>
    >>< http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=400w
    >>+psu&_sacat=See-All-Categories >
    >>
    >>Snurled link:
    >>
    >>< http://snipurl.com/u93n1 >

    > I just put a new supply in a similar Dell PC. Problem is the Dell supply
    > has the power connect on the other side of the fan and you have to cut
    > the sheet metal down on the back of the PC an inch to see the socket.

    I highly recommend the following having used their products daily for many
    years:

    < http://snipurl.com/u943x >

    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy

    Aardvark, Feb 2, 2010
  4. John B

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:28:14 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 16:15:41 GMT, Aardvark
    > <>wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:56:10 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> I just put a new supply in a similar Dell PC. Problem is the Dell
    >>> supply has the power connect on the other side of the fan and you have
    >>> to cut the sheet metal down on the back of the PC an inch to see the
    >>> socket.

    >>I highly recommend the following having used their products daily for
    >>many years:
    >>
    >>< http://snipurl.com/u943x >

    > A pair of straight tin shears made in China for $10.00 US will suffice.
    > If you're going to lay down the cash for Wiss you migfht as well buy the
    > right supply from a Dell supplier.

    I'm spoiled. I already own four or five sets of Wiss.

    I construct suspended ceilings, and they're indispensable.

    :)

    Draper are cheap and pretty good, though.

    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy

    Aardvark, Feb 2, 2010
  5. John B

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 16:32:17 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> I highly recommend the following having used their products daily for
    >> many years:
    >>
    >> < http://snipurl.com/u943x>
    >>

    > Not the kind of tools I'd expect a 'chippy' to use on a daily
    > basis!(especially one who can construct a whole table without using any
    > metal screws, pins or nails! <grin>)

    Of all construction trades, joiners tend to know more about other trades
    methods than they know about joinery. That's why most site foremen are
    joiners by trade.

    Another string to my bow is that I'm a highly experienced suspended
    ceiling fixer. Hence the snips.

    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy

    Aardvark, Feb 2, 2010
  6. John B

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 18:15:36 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Not the kind of tools I'd expect a 'chippy' to use on a daily
    >>> basis!(especially one who can construct a whole table without using
    >>> any metal screws, pins or nails!<grin>)

    >> Of all construction trades, joiners tend to know more about other
    >> trades methods than they know about joinery. That's why most site
    >> foremen are joiners by trade.

    > Hmmm! :) Are you or have you been a site foreman?

    I have been, but I prefer to be 'on the tools'.

    >> Another string to my bow is that I'm a highly experienced suspended
    >> ceiling fixer. Hence the snips.

    > A really skilled activity I should think!

    It is. No job is ever the same as another. Each one comes with its own
    unique challenges to be overcome.

    > The guys who fit out shops
    > like M&S and John Lewis seem to have an eye for detail

    I've done shopfitting jobs in both. Don't ask me where, I can't remember.
    Do a dozen HMV shops over the course of a couple of months and you have to
    keep asking passers-by what town you're in.

    > - I'm one of the
    > few who actually bother to look upwards!

    I always do that when entering any building to which the public have
    access.

    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy

    Aardvark, Feb 2, 2010
  7. John B

    John B Guest

    "Grinder" <> wrote in message
    > On 2/2/2010 9:27 AM, John B wrote:
    >> Can anyone help me please. I have to get a new power supply
    >> for
    >> Dell Dimension 8100, I would like to get a 400 watt.
    >> The cheapest I found was about $65.00. I really hate to
    >> spend
    >> that much because I might have fried my mother board and cpu also.
    >>
    >> I goofed and went to plug the power cable into a hand drive
    >> with
    >> the unit running and I saw a little arch.

    > This adapter may be of some use:
    > http://www.directron.com/dellp16.html
    >
    > You can get a high quality 430W power supply for $46:
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371023

    Thanks Guys you'll great as usually

    John B

    John B, Feb 3, 2010