    power up. Have tried reseating memory and changing graphics card to no
    avail. Any ideas gratefully received,

    Hummer

    hummerdog, Mar 23, 2006

  2. hummerdog

    Jos. Wheeler Guest

    "hummerdog" <> wrote in message
    news:jXvUf.271286$...
    > Hi, I have a Dell Dimension 4700 running xp.
    >
    > When I turn it on, I get 2 short beeps then a momentary flash of first
    > screen with bios info etc., then it fades to nothing and doesn't continue
    > power up. Have tried reseating memory and changing graphics card to no
    > avail. Any ideas gratefully received,
    >
    > Hummer

    1-800-DELL

    Jos. Wheeler, Mar 23, 2006

  3. hummerdog

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:49:35 +0000, hummerdog wrote:

    > Hi, I have a Dell Dimension 4700 running xp.
    >
    > When I turn it on, I get 2 short beeps then a momentary flash of first
    > screen with bios info etc., then it fades to nothing and doesn't continue to
    > power up. Have tried reseating memory and changing graphics card to no
    > avail. Any ideas gratefully received,

    Call Dell.

    Meat Plow, Mar 23, 2006
  4. hummerdog

    Jimchip Guest

    Call Dell, like others have said. But here's one example of some beep codes:
    http://www.bioscentral.com/postcodes/dellbios.htm

    --
    What can I say? I like beep codes. I just don't like hearing them.

    Jimchip, Mar 23, 2006
  5. hummerdog

    someone Guest

    "hummerdog" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have a Dell Dimension 4700 running xp.
    >
    > When I turn it on, I get 2 short beeps then a momentary flash of first
    > screen with bios info etc., then it fades to nothing and doesn't continue
    > power up. Have tried reseating memory and changing graphics card to no
    > avail. Any ideas gratefully received,
    >
    > Hummer

    You know who this is !
    Does the PSU keep running ?, or grind to a stop ?.
    Try
    http://www.webmadeeasy.net/ComputerDocs/Dell/Dimension/4700/ServiceManual/adtshoot.htm#wp1052968

    lotsa bw..OJ

    someone, Mar 23, 2006
  6. hummerdog

    hummerdog Guest

    Hi Someone,
    The psu keeps running. I am getting four green lights on the diagnostic,
    which according to the dell manual means it's fine!!! I cleaned 10 tons of
    dust out of it and it now doesn't do the 2 beeps unless I hold down the caps
    lock key on startup.
    Weird,
    lotsa back atcha,
    Hummerdog

    hummerdog, Mar 23, 2006
  7. hummerdog

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:29:15 GMT, "hummerdog" <> wrote:

    >Hi Someone,
    >The psu keeps running. I am getting four green lights on the diagnostic,
    >which according to the dell manual means it's fine!!! I cleaned 10 tons of
    >dust out of it and it now doesn't do the 2 beeps unless I hold down the caps
    >lock key on startup.
    >Weird,
    >lotsa back atcha,
    >Hummerdog

    Them dust bunnies is real mean. They don't be nice at all.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Mar 23, 2006
  8. hummerdog

    someone Guest

    "hummerdog" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Someone,
    > The psu keeps running. I am getting four green lights on the diagnostic,
    > which according to the dell manual means it's fine!!! I cleaned 10 tons of
    > dust out of it and it now doesn't do the 2 beeps unless I hold down the
    > caps
    > lock key on startup.
    > Weird,
    > lotsa back atcha,
    > Hummerdog
    >

    > "hummerdog" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I have a Dell Dimension 4700 running xp.
    >>
    >> When I turn it on, I get 2 short beeps then a momentary flash of first
    >> screen with bios info etc., then it fades to nothing and doesn't continue

    >> power up. Have tried reseating memory and changing graphics card to no
    >> avail. Any ideas gratefully received,
    >>
    >> Hummer

    Can you get to the BIOS ?.
    See if it will boot a floppy.
    Reset the CMOS. ( remove battery\ use reset jumper).
    What happens when you insert a CD ?.
    Have you definitely got a working monitor ?.
    It beeped before you cleaned out the 10 tons dust ! ?.
    Pull and replug Everything.
    lotsa bw..OJ

    someone, Mar 23, 2006