    I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas.

    Thanks

    Acra24

    acra24, May 22, 2006

  2. acra24

    Uplink Guest

    Good evening,

    I have a Dell Dimension 3000, with a flat panel monitor. I have
    installed an NVIDIA GEForce FX5500 graphics card and disabled the
    on-board graphics. Everything was fine for a while but recently when I
    start my computer up the screen remains in standby mode. Nothing I do
    wil get it to come on. I have to reboot the machine several times to
    get it to switch on. It can happen a lot and then the problem seems to
    go away for a while and then come back. I'[ve tried tinkering with the
    power saving settings but all to no avail.

    Uplink, May 23, 2006