    I've had mine for some time now, and I just realized I have no microphone.
    Never had a use for one much, but now I might. Isn't this model supposed to
    come with one? Is it an extra you have to buy?

    Angie, Feb 18, 2006

  2. Angie

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Sat, 18 Feb 2006 00:54:59 GMT,
    in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Angie" <>
    spewed the following:

    http://support.dell.com/
    --

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Feb 18, 2006

  3. Angie

    Plato Guest

    Angie wrote:

    > Looking for someone that has this model.
    >
    > I've had mine for some time now, and I just realized I have no microphone.
    > Never had a use for one much, but now I might. Isn't this model supposed to
    > come with one? Is it an extra you have to buy?

    Some Dells come with mics, some dont. They are not expensive. Still, I'd
    wouldn't buy the cheapest one.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 18, 2006
  4. Angie

    Angie Guest

    I guess I just figured the new flat panel monitors would come with them
    built in, so I never thought to look until now, if mine had one. I was just
    surprised it didn't have one. Ah well.

    Angie, Feb 18, 2006
  5. Angie

    Angie Guest

    On or about Sat, 18 Feb 2006 in alt.computer a waste of time answer came
    from "nos1eep" <> with the following:

    > http://support.dell.com/
    > --
    >
    > -nos1eep

    Thanks for nothing.

    Angie, Feb 18, 2006
  6. Angie

    Angie Guest

    It does not appear that Dell sells the regular microphones, they seem to
    only sell headphones with mics. It does not state on their site, but do you
    think by looking at this photo, that they plug into the speaker? that is
    the type of connection it looks like:
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/images/products/large/A0051846.jpg .
    They only sell two headset/mics, this being the cheapest at just $21.42.
    The other one is $75.95, more than I want to spend right now.

    Angie, Feb 18, 2006
  7. Angie

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:30:06 GMT,
    in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Angie" <>
    spewed the following:

    |It does not appear that Dell sells the regular microphones, they seem to
    |only sell headphones with mics. It does not state on their site, but do you
    |think by looking at this photo, that they plug into the speaker? that is
    |the type of connection it looks like:
    |http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/images/products/large/A0051846.jpg .
    |They only sell two headset/mics, this being the cheapest at just $21.42.
    |The other one is $75.95, more than I want to spend right now.

    The mic plugs into the mic jack. The headphone plugs into the speaker
    jack. Forget buying the accessorie from Dell, you will be much better
    off going to Newegg and looking at these headsets.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Ntk=all&N=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
    --

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Feb 18, 2006