Dell Dimension 2400

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by CLV3, Oct 10, 2004.

  1. CLV3

    CLV3 Guest

    I have been working on a Dell Dimension computer that has turned into quite
    the project.

    First of all, it is quite slow. I think part of the reason is it SHOULD have
    more RAM. I believe it said it only had 128 Megs. So I did tell them they
    should invest in more Ram especially for Win XP.

    Now when XP boots up I get a message that says something like this....
    "App or Dll C:\windows\system32\wm4la398.dll not a valid windows image"

    then I get...
    Error loading bridge.dll

    I have run Antivir, Spybot S&D, and Adaware and each program had many
    detections...most of which I could remove. UNFORTUNATELY some of them were
    in archived files and could not be removed.

    I have the computer running smoother and a little faster than it was but I
    REFUSE to let this system beat me. I will be going over again probably on
    Wednesday or Thursday.

    Any ideas?

    ALSO....Has anyone had any experience with Dell computers where certain
    factory installed software may cause problems with spyware???

    CLV3, Oct 10, 2004

  2. CLV3

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Dell Dimension 2400
    >From: "CLV3"
    >Date: 10/10/2004 1:12 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >I have been working on a Dell Dimension computer that has turned into quite
    >the project.
    >
    >First of all, it is quite slow. I think part of the reason is it SHOULD have
    >more RAM. I believe it said it only had 128 Megs. So I did tell them they
    >should invest in more Ram especially for Win XP.
    >
    >Now when XP boots up I get a message that says something like this....
    >"App or Dll C:\windows\system32\wm4la398.dll not a valid windows image"
    >
    >then I get...
    >Error loading bridge.dll
    >
    >I have run Antivir, Spybot S&D, and Adaware and each program had many
    >detections...most of which I could remove. UNFORTUNATELY some of them were
    >in archived files and could not be removed.
    >
    >I have the computer running smoother and a little faster than it was but I
    >REFUSE to let this system beat me. I will be going over again probably on
    >Wednesday or Thursday.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >ALSO....Has anyone had any experience with Dell computers where certain
    >factory installed software may cause problems with spyware???

    Call Dell. They'll strighten you ouit fast I have the same computer and it is
    fast and trouble free. I added 256 ram.

    Arthur Kramer
    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    ArtKramr, Oct 12, 2004

  3. CLV3

    blah Guest

    i orderd my 2650 specifically with 1 memory stick not 2 with 256, then i
    went to circuit city bought my own stick of 256 for total of 512...if your
    case is like mine just open the access cover and plop it in.

    --
    Hatch
    http://www.ifeellikebitching.com

    blah, Oct 19, 2004