    before I take the cover off the PC. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in
    advance.
    Derek

    Derek Lawler, Feb 4, 2008

  2. Derek Lawler

    Rôgêr Guest

    Derek Lawler wrote:
    > This last few days I have had to reset the time and date on this machine, it
    > is about six years old, maybe more.
    > I looked online for information about a battery but found nothing. I
    > suspect there is a battery involved but I would like to buy the right one
    > before I take the cover off the PC. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in
    > advance.

    99% of the time it's a CR2032.

    Rôgêr, Feb 4, 2008

  3. Derek Lawler

    Richard Guest

    "Derek Lawler" <> wrote in message
    > This last few days I have had to reset the time and date on this machine,
    > it
    > is about six years old, maybe more.
    > I looked online for information about a battery but found nothing. I
    > suspect there is a battery involved but I would like to buy the right one
    > before I take the cover off the PC. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
    > in
    > advance.
    > Derek

    From
    http://support.ap.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim2200/specs.htm#1101572
    it would appear to have 3-V CR2032 coin cell.

    Go to http://www.dell.com/
    Support, find your product, Manual, Technical Specs

    Richard, Feb 4, 2008
  4. Derek Lawler

    chuckcar Guest

    "Derek Lawler" <> wrote in

    > This last few days I have had to reset the time and date on this
    > machine, it is about six years old, maybe more.
    > I looked online for information about a battery but found nothing. I
    > suspect there is a battery involved but I would like to buy the right
    > one before I take the cover off the PC. Any advice would be helpful.
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Derek

    If you remove the cover (which you will *have* to do to replace it,
    unless you want to pay someone $100 to replace a $5.00 batter). You will
    see a watch type batter on the motherboard near the power supply. The
    Motherboard is the vertical circuit board on desktops. Unplug the
    computer before you open it and remove the battery. Just don't touch
    *any* chips. Removing it will have no effect on the computer as that
    battery is dead anyways.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 5, 2008
  5. Derek Lawler

    Derek Lawler Guest

    Thank you Roger, Richard and Chuckcar. I should have been able to find that
    on my own, duh. Now to get to work.
    Regards, Derek

    Derek Lawler, Feb 5, 2008