    help!

    Click here for Free Video!!
    http://www.gohip.com/free_video/

    robert fink, Jan 3, 2005

  2. robert fink

    SA Guest

    Are there any error msgs? If so, are you able to post them.

    SA, Jan 3, 2005

  3. robert fink

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "robert fink" <> wrote in message
    |I have a dell dinension 2100. It will not boot up at all. When starting, it
    | accesses the cd drive but not the floppy or the hard drive. The monitor
    | shows a screen with a checker board pattern but no video. I removed all
    | cards, installed a different memory and checked all connections. Please
    | help!

    Do you have a 'spare' video card you can put in to test it? The
    'checkerboard pattern' makes it sound like possibly a bad video system. I
    think the 2100 has on-board video, which would be automatically disabled if
    you put a PCI card in.

    Also, take everything out that you can. Try disconnecting the drives, taking
    out all but one RAM stick, any add-on cards, etc. Then if you get your
    normal POST, you can start adding things back in one at a time.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 3, 2005