    with my Chequebook - and it certainly wont be in favour of Dell.....
    Are you contemplating buying a Dell ??? Think twice - go on..... call their
    helpline and see how long you have to wait.

    Hush-up!!, Dec 10, 2003

  2. I think you have had an unusual experience.
    I have had contact with them on and off for >15 years and have seen
    nothing but excellent customer service. Some definitely above and
    beyond "call of duty".

    May I suggest that you go to their website http://dell.com/ and avail
    yourself of one of their email support options.

    If you have a Dell assigned "case number"/"reference number" go to
    http://support.dell.com/dellcare/OutstandingIssues.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen

    Richard Owlett, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Hush-up!!

    Frank Guest

    You should contact Dell sales, they do not let one wait an hour,
    You should also advise Dell sales of your pending order.
    Also advise them you have "told the world"
    Frank

    Frank, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Hush-up!!

    Billh Guest

    I have used Dell for years at home and work and have been over all happy
    with them. In fact we just ordered 80 computers from them. I agree that the
    service level has gone down as they have gotten bigger. We took that in to
    consideration when we ordered. But in the end is there any one that is
    going to do much better at the same price point?

    Billh, Dec 11, 2003
  5. Hush-up!!

    ñKs Guest

    Support the Indians?

    ñKs, Dec 11, 2003
  6. Hush-up!!

    Ski Guest

    >I think you have had an unusual experience.
    >I have had contact with them on and off for >15 years and have seen
    >nothing but excellent customer service. Some definitely above and
    >beyond "call of duty".

    You obviously haven't dealt with their phone support lately...english for
    speakers of other languages is NOT what one expects when they drop a couplea
    thousand dollars with a company.

    Communication is DIFFICULT,
    which shouldn't happen when you're dealing with a company that
    SELLS COMMUNICATION DEVICES.

    Ski
    "The only way to find out how far is too far...
    is to go there"
    (remove spleen to e-mail)

    Ski, Dec 11, 2003
  7. Hush-up!!

    Stickems Guest

    I agree with you. Dell customer service is awful. I ordered and paid for a
    Dell PC on line. I was completely ignored. They didn't answer my emails,
    promised to but failed to call me back, four times. In the end I bought
    elsewhere.

    Stickems, Dec 11, 2003
  8. Hush-up!!

    Cuanto Guest

    Hey all,

    I do warranty repair for Dell Computers, and that keeps me really, really
    busy. I still haven't decided if it's because they are crappy computers, or
    just that everyone seems to have one. Anyways, one of the most common
    complaints that I get when I go onsite, is that Dell's tech support/customer
    support/sales support sucks really, really, bad. And when someone does call
    in with a problem with Dell, they'll have the customer do all sorts of
    troubleshooting while on the phone. I've had 85 year old ladies who Dell
    wanted them to crack open the case, remove cards, flip cables, flash the
    bios, etc.....that usually creates more problems that it solves. The way
    Dell does the tech support, is that if they suspect a bad motherboard, or
    hard drive, or whatever, they'll send one out either to me or the customer,
    then I'll go onsite and install it. If/when I get there and I discover that
    they misdiagnosed the problem (which is pretty often), then I am to call the
    tech support line. Since they don't want to pay me be on hold for hours on
    end, they give us field techs a different number to call, and nearly always
    you get through in just a couple of minutes, and you get an American on the
    line. Below is a number for you guys who don't like talking to Indians,
    they only go by a problem flowchart anyway so they aren't much help.

    1-888-272-3355 - have all of your documentation ready, service tag # serial
    #, etc.....

    Cuanto, Dec 11, 2003
  9. Hush-up!!

    KeithS Guest

    "Cuanto" <> wrote in message
    > Below is a number
    > for you guys who don't like talking to Indians, they only go by a
    > problem flowchart anyway so they aren't much help.
    >
    > 1-888-272-3355 - have all of your documentation ready, service tag
    > # serial #, etc.....

    :) :) :)

    KeithS, Dec 12, 2003