    hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this computer can
    handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5 computers for minor data.
    Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in advance Tommy
    Tom, Jun 14, 2009

  2. Tom

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:36:09 -0400, "Tom" <> wrote:

    >I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH 2
    >hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this computer can
    >handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5 computers for minor data.

    What is a "min ser" ? What is "minor data"?

    >Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in advance Tommy

    Almost any computer can handle a 5 computer network for 'minor data'.
    Is this computer going to be doing anything other than 'minor data'?
    Evan Platt, Jun 14, 2009

  3. Tom

    Mike Easter Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > I am looking at the Dell computer

    What are you intending to do with it?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 14, 2009
  4. In message <>, Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:36:09 -0400, "Tom" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH

    > 2
    > >hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this computer can
    > >handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5 computers for minor

    > data.
    >
    > What is a "min ser" ? What is "minor data"?
    >
    > >Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in advance Tommy

    > Almost any computer can handle a 5 computer network for 'minor data'.
    > Is this computer going to be doing anything other than 'minor data'?

    pr0n server...

    -James Madison
    §ñühw¤£f, Jun 14, 2009
  5. Tom

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:36:09 -0400, Tom wrote:

    > I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO
    > WITH 2 hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this
    > computer can handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5
    > computers for minor data. Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in
    > advance Tommy

    Ask your Mommy what she thinks.

    Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg
    Dan C, Jun 14, 2009
  6. Tom

    DL Guest

    So you want to purchase a win server o/s do you?

    DL, Jun 15, 2009
  7. Tom

    floffy Guest

    On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 00:14:31 +0100, "DL" <>
    wrote:

    >So you want to purchase a win server o/s do you?
    >
    >"Tom" <> wrote in message
    >>I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH
    >>2 hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this computer can
    >>handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5 computers for minor
    >>data. Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in advance Tommy

    (32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH <--- not a server This
    floffy, Jun 15, 2009
  8. Tom

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:36:09 -0400, Tom wrote:

    >I am looking at the Dell computer apwa t3400 375w (32BIT) WITH xp PRO WITH 2

    apwa?

    When asking questions like what ever yours is :) no '?', try and
    provide a URL.

    Is it this system?
    http://www.dell.com/us/en/business/desktops/precn_t3400/pd.aspx?refid=precn_t3400&cs=04&s=bsd

    >hard drives. Can anyone tell me if the motherboard on this computer can
    >handle be used as a mini ser for just networking 5 computers for minor data.

    The motherboard is perhaps less important than the OS. You will be the
    1st person with minor data, usually it's more important :)

    Win XP Pro inbound connection limit.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314882
    Note For Windows XP Professional, the maximum number of other computers
    that are permitted to simultaneously connect over the network is ten.
    This limit includes all transports and resource sharing protocols
    combined.

    A server OS doesn't has this limit, you would also need to buy the
    correct amount of licenses for a server, it's default is usually 5 or 10
    if I remember.

    Easy to check, search MS for Server 2008
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/pricing.aspx

    >Also Pro and cons on this computer Thanks in advance Tommy

    Should cope easily with 5 other PCs connected to it, for file sharing,
    printing.

    Me
    why?, Jun 15, 2009
  9. Re: DEll Computer

    A programmable machine. The two principal characteristics of a
    computer are: It responds to a specific set of instructions in a well-
    defined manner. It can execute a prerecorded list of instructions (a
    program).{{http://farm3.static.flickr.com/
    2447/3670894103_96416ef82a.jpg}}
    Agile Consulting, Jun 29, 2009