    nospot Guest

    I have a Dell laptop, the battery will run the computer, but when I
    plug in the power supply I loose all power.

    nospot, Jul 5, 2004

  2. nospot

    Paul Roberts Guest

    How old is it?

    Paul Roberts, Jul 5, 2004

  3. nospot

    °Mike° Guest

    On 5 Jul 2004 07:08:51 -0700, (nospot),wrote:

    >I have a Dell laptop, the battery will run the computer, but when I
    >plug in the power supply I loose all power.

    You need a new supply.

    °Mike°, Jul 5, 2004
  4. nospot

    Rod Guest

    First off, check the power supply for voltage at the connector( computer
    end), typically 13 to 15 volts under load, 18 to 22 volts dc no load. If no
    voltage
    is present, replace supply. If voltage is present at thwe connector then the
    problem area next on the list is the connection area on the computer,
    normally a switch
    built on to the main board, in which case you'll have to contact Dell or a
    local computer tech.

    Rod

    Rod, Jul 5, 2004
  5. nospot