    Dell Dimension L700cx Computer
    Rockwell Modem
    thanks for any help
    Frances Daley, Jun 5, 2005

  2. Frances Daley

    Plato Guest

    Frances Daley wrote:

    > I am trying to fix this computer for a young fellow who needs it for VCE.
    > modem will not work, error message - cannot find port name from registry-
    > have reinstalled Win 98se, moved modem to another slot, with no luck. There
    > is only COM1 available and I am not sure it is actually working properly, it
    > is still COM1 when I moved the modem to another slot.
    > Dell Dimension L700cx Computer

    Sometimes/Often it saves ten hours time/money by just trying a new
    modem.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 5, 2005

  3. I already tried a new modem still no luck

    Frances Daley, Jun 6, 2005
  4. Frances Daley wrote:

    > I already tried a new modem still no luck
    > "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    >> Frances Daley wrote:
    >> >
    >> > I am trying to fix this computer for a young fellow who needs it for

    > VCE.
    >> > modem will not work, error message - cannot find port name from

    > registry-
    >> > have reinstalled Win 98se, moved modem to another slot, with no luck.

    > There
    >> > is only COM1 available and I am not sure it is actually working

    > properly, it
    >> > is still COM1 when I moved the modem to another slot.
    >> > Dell Dimension L700cx Computer

    >> Sometimes/Often it saves ten hours time/money by just trying a new
    >> modem.
    >>

    >> --
    >> http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Have you computer some IRQ conflicts, sure ? Also look at into the control
    panel > System. It's long time ago i have use Win98. Give more detailled
    technical info, what you have try, where you can not ...

    I will try to help you.

    --
    David Van Mosselbeen - DVM
    http://dvm.zapto.org:3333