    they say that it's RRP is about $1343.

    Does Dell NZ ever offer 1/3 off for their monitors? They seem to have a
    permanent discount on them, but I am not sure what a good discount is.

    Rob, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Rob

    Nova Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > I have been looking at the Dell ultrasharp 2005FPW monitor and noticed that
    > there is such a huge difference in price between the US dell website, and
    > the NZ Dell website . The reason why I was looking at the US site was
    > becuase they provide far more details and information on the products.
    >
    > You can get the 2005FPW on the US dell website for $NZ 744.10 at the
    > moment although they say it retails for $NZ 1,112.43 , so they are currently
    > giving about a 1/3 off.
    >
    > However on the NZ dell website it is selling for 1,119.38 with 20% off, and
    > they say that it's RRP is about $1343.
    >
    > Does Dell NZ ever offer 1/3 off for their monitors? They seem to have a
    > permanent discount on them, but I am not sure what a good discount is.

    A nice monitor... but is it HDCP ? - something that people should be
    looking at now really..
    NZ always pays more, just a fact of life, distance, lack of demmand etc
    etc :)

    Nova, Jul 18, 2005

  3. In article <1121658545.161025@ftpsrv1>, "Rob" <>
    wrote:

    >You can get the 2005FPW on the US dell website for $NZ 744.10 at the
    >moment although they say it retails for $NZ 1,112.43 , so they are currently
    >giving about a 1/3 off.
    >
    >However on the NZ dell website it is selling for 1,119.38 with 20% off, and
    >they say that it's RRP is about $1343.

    What about shipping costs?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 18, 2005
  4. On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:21:55 +1200, Nova <> wrote:

    >Rob wrote:
    >> I have been looking at the Dell ultrasharp 2005FPW monitor and noticed that
    >> there is such a huge difference in price between the US dell website, and
    >> the NZ Dell website . The reason why I was looking at the US site was
    >> becuase they provide far more details and information on the products.
    >>
    >> You can get the 2005FPW on the US dell website for $NZ 744.10 at the
    >> moment although they say it retails for $NZ 1,112.43 , so they are currently
    >> giving about a 1/3 off.
    >>
    >> However on the NZ dell website it is selling for 1,119.38 with 20% off, and
    >> they say that it's RRP is about $1343.
    >>
    >> Does Dell NZ ever offer 1/3 off for their monitors? They seem to have a
    >> permanent discount on them, but I am not sure what a good discount is.
    >>

    >A nice monitor... but is it HDCP ? - something that people should be
    >looking at now really..
    >NZ always pays more, just a fact of life, distance, lack of demmand etc
    >etc :)

    And a decent warranty!

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Jul 18, 2005
  5. Rob

    Mutley Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <1121658545.161025@ftpsrv1>, "Rob" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>You can get the 2005FPW on the US dell website for $NZ 744.10 at the
    >>moment although they say it retails for $NZ 1,112.43 , so they are currently
    >>giving about a 1/3 off.
    >>
    >>However on the NZ dell website it is selling for 1,119.38 with 20% off, and
    >>they say that it's RRP is about $1343.

    >What about shipping costs?

    They are most likely made in S E Asia so the shipping will most
    likely be the same in both directions..

    Mutley, Jul 18, 2005
  6. Rob

    Rob Guest

    <texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:21:55 +1200, Nova <> wrote:
    >
    > >Rob wrote:
    > >> I have been looking at the Dell ultrasharp 2005FPW monitor and noticed

    that
    > >> there is such a huge difference in price between the US dell website,

    and
    > >> the NZ Dell website . The reason why I was looking at the US site was
    > >> becuase they provide far more details and information on the products.
    > >>
    > >> You can get the 2005FPW on the US dell website for $NZ 744.10 at the
    > >> moment although they say it retails for $NZ 1,112.43 , so they are

    currently
    > >> giving about a 1/3 off.
    > >>
    > >> However on the NZ dell website it is selling for 1,119.38 with 20%

    off, and
    > >> they say that it's RRP is about $1343.
    > >>
    > >> Does Dell NZ ever offer 1/3 off for their monitors? They seem to have a
    > >> permanent discount on them, but I am not sure what a good discount is.
    > >>

    > >A nice monitor... but is it HDCP ? - something that people should be
    > >looking at now really..
    > >NZ always pays more, just a fact of life, distance, lack of demmand etc
    > >etc :)

    > And a decent warranty!
    >
    > Cath

    Dell provides a 3 year warranty on its LCD monitors which I assume is the
    same in both the USA and NZ

    Rob, Jul 18, 2005
  7. "Nova" <> wrote in message
    > Rob wrote:
    >> I have been looking at the Dell ultrasharp 2005FPW monitor and noticed
    >> that
    >> there is such a huge difference in price between the US dell website, and
    >> the NZ Dell website . The reason why I was looking at the US site was
    >> becuase they provide far more details and information on the products.
    >>
    >> You can get the 2005FPW on the US dell website for $NZ 744.10 at the
    >> moment although they say it retails for $NZ 1,112.43 , so they are
    >> currently
    >> giving about a 1/3 off.
    >>
    >> However on the NZ dell website it is selling for 1,119.38 with 20% off,
    >> and
    >> they say that it's RRP is about $1343.
    >>
    >> Does Dell NZ ever offer 1/3 off for their monitors? They seem to have a
    >> permanent discount on them, but I am not sure what a good discount is.
    >>

    > A nice monitor... but is it HDCP ? - something that people should be
    > looking at now really..
    > NZ always pays more, just a fact of life, distance, lack of demmand etc
    > etc :)

    These things are all shipped from similar locations ultimately so they could
    probably sell for similar prices in both the US/NZ market. But,they would
    set the price according to the regional market prices eg, they will look at
    the price you pay at traditional retailers such as Harvey Normans/Noel
    Leeming etc then undercut those price. And, given NZ high street retailers
    expensive compared to the US, online Dell prices are accordingly higher in
    NZ.

    My theory is that NZ/Aus is also an end-of-line dumping ground for dell.
    If Dell US have trouble shifting a product near the end of it's lifespan
    they place the products for sale in the Oceania/Asia area. Dell win-wins -
    they get 30% more for their old stock, and get rid of old product in one
    hit.

    eg, look at the 2405 24" lcd monitor...in the US, they are selling the 12ms
    version, in NZ, they are selling the 16ms version.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jul 18, 2005
  8. Rob

    gimp Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > eg, look at the 2405 24" lcd monitor...in the US, they are selling the 12ms
    > version, in NZ, they are selling the 16ms version.

    i checked the US website and can't see the response time listed...?
    AFAIK there is only a 16ms version which is 12ms grey-to-grey, which
    some people will advertise it as causing confusion. do u have another
    URL tho...?
    cheers.

    gimp, Jul 19, 2005
  9. "gimp" <> wrote in message
    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >> eg, look at the 2405 24" lcd monitor...in the US, they are selling the
    >> 12ms version, in NZ, they are selling the 16ms version.

    > i checked the US website and can't see the response time listed...? AFAIK
    > there is only a 16ms version which is 12ms grey-to-grey, which some people
    > will advertise it as causing confusion. do u have another URL tho...?
    > cheers.

    hey, check....

    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...y_id=6198&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx

    In the overview...it says..

    The 2405FPW wide aspect LCD also provides 12 ms response time to enable
    crisp clear images when using the display for fast motion video such as
    gaming or video editing

    Maybe this is the 12ms grey-to-grey you speak of? I was confused since the
    specs did seem different.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jul 19, 2005
  10. Rob

    gimp Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...y_id=6198&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx
    >
    > In the overview...it says..
    >
    > The 2405FPW wide aspect LCD also provides 12 ms response time to enable
    > crisp clear images when using the display for fast motion video such as
    > gaming or video editing
    >
    > Maybe this is the 12ms grey-to-grey you speak of? I was confused since the
    > specs did seem different.

    yeah i'm trying to confirm now - i'm pretty sure its 12ms grey-to-grey
    and 16ms black-to-white:

    http://www.computerpoweruser.com/ed...e=0&WordList=2405FPW&bJumpTo=True&emid=130367

    heh i wouldn't be surprised if Oz/NZ gets refurbished crap :) but i
    don't think there are different models...

    gimp, Jul 19, 2005
  11. Rob

    gimp Guest

    i've just heard the word from Dell - ur right the older stock is being
    sold to Oz/NZ :( US have newer 12ms panels. boooo!

    gimp, Jul 20, 2005
  12. "gimp" <> wrote in message
    > i've just heard the word from Dell - ur right the older stock is being
    > sold to Oz/NZ :( US have newer 12ms panels. boooo!

    damn!!!

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jul 20, 2005
  13. Rob

    Rob Guest

    "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message
    > "gimp" <> wrote in message
    > > i've just heard the word from Dell - ur right the older stock is being
    > > sold to Oz/NZ :( US have newer 12ms panels. boooo!
    > >

    > damn!!!

    That sucks, especially as they are charging NZ/oz more than they charge US.

    Rob, Jul 21, 2005
  14. "Rob" <> wrote in message

    > "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message
    >> "gimp" <> wrote in message
    >> > i've just heard the word from Dell - ur right the older stock is being
    >> > sold to Oz/NZ :( US have newer 12ms panels. boooo!
    >> >

    >> damn!!!
    >>

    > That sucks, especially as they are charging NZ/oz more than they charge
    > US.

    I just phoned dell to confirm this, and, the guy I spoke to seems to think
    it IS the same model. Some confusion, either between the dell automatons.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jul 21, 2005
  15. Rob

    gimp Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >>That sucks, especially as they are charging NZ/oz more than they charge
    >>US.
    >>

    > I just phoned dell to confirm this, and, the guy I spoke to seems to think
    > it IS the same model. Some confusion, either between the dell automatons.

    i've posted to widescreengamingforum.com to do more checking check (as
    best i can with all the lies on the net, lol), and there's confusion
    there to. it could well be i was speaking to a dumb-arse sales gimp on
    the phone, who doesn't know about the 'grey-to-grey' Vs 'black-to-white
    typical' response times.

    crap i've just realised its the last day of the discount... oh well i'll
    pick one up when the next special is on.

    gimp, Jul 21, 2005
  16. Rob

    Rob Guest

    "gimp" <> wrote in message
    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > >>That sucks, especially as they are charging NZ/oz more than they charge
    > >>US.
    > >>

    > > I just phoned dell to confirm this, and, the guy I spoke to seems to

    think
    > > it IS the same model. Some confusion, either between the dell

    automatons.

    > i've posted to widescreengamingforum.com to do more checking check (as
    > best i can with all the lies on the net, lol), and there's confusion
    > there to. it could well be i was speaking to a dumb-arse sales gimp on
    > the phone, who doesn't know about the 'grey-to-grey' Vs 'black-to-white
    > typical' response times.
    >
    > crap i've just realised its the last day of the discount... oh well i'll
    > pick one up when the next special is on.

    They do reguarly have 20% off (almost every other week). It is very similar
    to Briscoes/Rebel... where they hace specials of the product every other
    week.

    Rob, Jul 21, 2005
  17. "gimp" <> wrote in message
    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >>>That sucks, especially as they are charging NZ/oz more than they charge
    >>>US.
    >>>

    >> I just phoned dell to confirm this, and, the guy I spoke to seems to
    >> think it IS the same model. Some confusion, either between the dell
    >> automatons.

    > i've posted to widescreengamingforum.com to do more checking check (as
    > best i can with all the lies on the net, lol), and there's confusion there
    > to. it could well be i was speaking to a dumb-arse sales gimp on the
    > phone, who doesn't know about the 'grey-to-grey' Vs 'black-to-white
    > typical' response times.
    >
    > crap i've just realised its the last day of the discount... oh well i'll
    > pick one up when the next special is on.

    Friday is the last day...also, the dude I spoke to on the phone, said he
    could give me a better discount than the online price.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jul 21, 2005
  18. Rob

    gimp Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

    > Friday is the last day...also, the dude I spoke to on the phone, said he
    > could give me a better discount than the online price.

    cool. were u also speaking to the call center in India..? :) i'm
    starting to think more and more that the people i were talking to were
    tards. i know Dell must profit from using an overseas call center but
    they would still lose millions in sales because of it.

    gimp, Jul 22, 2005
  19. Rob

    gimp Guest

    gimp, Jul 22, 2005
  20. "gimp" <> wrote in message
    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >
    >> Friday is the last day...also, the dude I spoke to on the phone, said he
    >> could give me a better discount than the online price.

    > cool. were u also speaking to the call center in India..? :) i'm starting
    > to think more and more that the people i were talking to were tards. i
    > know Dell must profit from using an overseas call center but they would
    > still lose millions in sales because of it.

    He sounded Asian to me. I called him, but he wasn't there and hasn't
    returned my call yet.

    That is good news bout the user manual - so , the US website quotes
    grey-grey, while the AP quotes white-black.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jul 22, 2005