    Techie Guest

    Has anyone here done the Dell hardware certifications? If so how did you
    find the exam?

    Techie, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Techie

    Joe Guest

    I was told by Dell, if you are hired as a PC support tech,you are sent
    to their texas campus for 2 wk Dell hardware certifications

    Joe, Nov 3, 2003

  3. And? What does that have to do with my question?

    Daniel Lawrence, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Techie

    Dani Guest

    We are one of the few Computer repair places in the rural area where I live.
    Dell, Gateway and other companies send us customers as long as we have an A+
    technician on staff. There is no special certification required. Other
    companies contact us for repair work only for our MCSE or MCP employees. We
    have the only MCSE in this county.

    "Techie" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone here done the Dell hardware certifications? If so how did you
    > find the exam?

    ---

    Dani, Nov 3, 2003
  5. Another one who can not read. Please has anyone done these certs and if so
    are they worth it?

    Daniel Lawrence, Nov 4, 2003
  6. Techie

    Techie Guest

    yet another moron can no one answer a simple question in this newsgroup?

    "AT" <torgny@@direcway.com> wrote in message
    > I do not have the Dell certification and I can not at all understand what
    > the value of the certification has anything to do with me having it or

    not!
    > You are probably the only one that can determine if the cert would be

    worth

    Techie, Nov 4, 2003
  7. Try calling Dell to find out about their hardware certifications.

    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/contact/contact?c=us&l=en&s=gen

    I worked for a Dell account for a while as a Telephone Tech Support back in
    1998 but we needed no certification, they hired just about anybody that
    could follow instructions on repairs that Dell had available online. They
    might have changed their plans since then, but un likely, now maybe for
    their servers they might have done something like HP/Compaq with their
    server certification but that might only apply to servers and not to
    Desktops. But my suggestion about a manufacturers certification would be to
    contact that company.

    Philip

    C. Philip Cutler II, Nov 4, 2003