    Are there any Dell certified techs out there? I am interested in this
    certification(actually my boss is) and need some information. What is the
    best way to become certified to do warranty work?

    AgentX, Jan 6, 2005

  2. AgentX

    J Figueredo Guest

    www.dell.com

    J Figueredo, Jan 6, 2005

  3. AgentX

    AgentX Guest

    Thanks for the info..But there are 3 certifications? Which one is best to
    pursue if I am interested in doing warranty work?
    I ask that, knowing that Dell won't send me work, but like I said...this
    isn't my idea.

    AgentX, Jan 6, 2005
  4. AgentX

    Bum Guest

    "AgentX" <> wrote in news:vO6dnSUk45as8EDcRVn-
    :

    > Thanks for the info..But there are 3 certifications? Which one is best

    > pursue if I am interested in doing warranty work?
    > I ask that, knowing that Dell won't send me work, but like I

    said...this
    > isn't my idea.
    >
    > "J Figueredo" <> wrote in message
    >> www.dell.com
    >>

    >> "AgentX" <> wrote in message
    >> > Are there any Dell certified techs out there? I am interested in

    this
    >> > certification(actually my boss is) and need some information. What

    is
    > the
    >> > best way to become certified to do warranty work?

    Dell Warranty Parts Direct Certified Technician (WPD)
    The Warranty Parts Direct Program is a warranty service and support plan
    designed specifically for IS Professionals who have technical expertise
    in diagnosing and servicing computer systems. Customers who meet program
    requirements may enroll as a self maintainer, or appoint a service
    provider to provide warranty support for their Dell systems. To utilize
    the services of the program, technicians are required to pass a Warranty
    Parts Direct proficiency examination for each of the product families
    they intend to service and support. The program requirements are
    available by visiting the Warranty Parts Direct Program website.

    http://warrantypartsdirect.dell.com/

    Bum, Jan 6, 2005
  5. AgentX

    AgentX Guest

    Is this the "certification" where there is no prerequisite and the test is
    open book?

    AgentX, Jan 7, 2005