dell beep code

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Phil, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Double check that your memory is properly inserted.

    If your memory type is not supported by your system then
    Double check computer's manual or go an website..

    Phil

    "T.B." <> wrote in message
    > i have tried putting some additional memory in my dell dimension xps r400.
    > when I try booting up the machine after I put the new memory in, the

    display
    > doesn't come up and the machine beeps four single consecutive beeps. I

    have

    T.B., Mar 1, 2004

  3. Phil

    Linda Guest

    Try http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/index-i.htm

    Linda, Mar 1, 2004
  4. The memory could be faulty. Far from unusual, unfortunately. You could try
    it on its own, without the original memory in place. If that works, the
    memory is not faulty but is not matched to the original.

    The new memory socket(s) could have filled up with dust while it was empty.
    You could clean the place more often...(joking)..

    The memory could be the wrong type.. Dells are very choosy.

    eric the seal, Mar 1, 2004
  5. Phil

    °Mike° Guest

    Which BIOS is it? (AMI, Award, Phoenix, etc.)

    An AMI BIOS, for instance, would suggest either bad
    RAM in the first bank, or the system clock IC is bad.

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 01:56:32 -0800, in
    <>
    T.B. scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 1, 2004
  6. Phil

    Plato Guest

    T.B. wrote:

    > i have tried putting some additional memory in my dell dimension xps r400.
    > when I try booting up the machine after I put the new memory in, the display
    > doesn't come up and the machine beeps four single consecutive beeps. I have

    Goto 18004memory.com and get the correct ram for your pc.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 1, 2004