Dell Axim PDA, Samsung D600 mobile and Bluetooth.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Motzarella, May 12, 2009.

  1. Motzarella

    Motzarella Guest

    Tried googling, tried a few forums, tried Dell site and Samsung site, dunno
    which isn't working properly..............

    Dell Axim X51V PDA, which I want to link to a Samsung D600 mobile phone via
    Bluetooth to transfer photo files from the phone camera 'in the field' to
    the greater capacity of the Dell .. but Bluetooth says (on the phone)
    "cannot connect - try again?"

    Whatever settings (and I've tried all sorts of the possibilities available
    on both devices) I use on either phone or PDA results in exactly the same
    message.

    I think the phone is OK as it transfers via a bluetooth dongle to either the
    laptop or desktop, though it has had issues pairing with Bluetooth
    headphones, but the PDA is so much easier to carry about. I also think the
    PDA is OK as that also sends and receives 'stuff' from the laptop and
    desktop ... it sees the phone, the phone sees it and they pair, they just
    won't exchange any further information!

    I'd appreciate a little help with this, if possible.

    A new phone is a distinct possibility if this one simply won't do it .. the
    PDA would be harder to replace. :)

    --
    Greasy

    Motzarella, May 12, 2009

  2. Motzarella

    Guest

    "Motzarella" <> wrote:

    >Dell Axim X51V PDA, which I want to link to a Samsung D600 mobile phone via
    >Bluetooth to transfer photo files from the phone camera 'in the field' to
    >the greater capacity of the Dell .. but Bluetooth says (on the phone)
    >"cannot connect - try again?"
    >
    >Whatever settings (and I've tried all sorts of the possibilities available
    >on both devices) I use on either phone or PDA results in exactly the same
    >message.
    >
    >I think the phone is OK as it transfers via a bluetooth dongle to either the
    >laptop or desktop, though it has had issues pairing with Bluetooth
    >headphones, but the PDA is so much easier to carry about. I also think the
    >PDA is OK as that also sends and receives 'stuff' from the laptop and
    >desktop ... it sees the phone, the phone sees it and they pair, they just
    >won't exchange any further information!

    Screw Bluetooth, I had a Nokia that wouldn't connect, it's the same
    story in all the cellphone groups, and Your headphones aren't the only
    ones that won't connect.

    If your phone will connect via USB use that.

    I still have my Bluetooth doggle, and the software that installs 15
    services (all start up when boot up ) and numerous directories, It
    still sits where I put it, when I had had enough of the bluetooth BS.
    --

    William Shatner WAS in the new Star Trek...
    http://tinyurl.com/r6zhue

    , May 12, 2009