    between September 1998 and February 2002, should contact it for details
    of how to get a replacement.

    http://www.delladapterprogram.com/
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    JohnO Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18981
    >
    > The adaptors were used with Dell Latitude, Precision and Inspiron
    > notebook PCs, with the following model numbers:
    >
    > Latitude: CP, CPi, CPiA, CPtC, CPiR, CPxH, CPtV, CS, CSx, CPxJ, CPtS,
    > C500, C510, C600, C610, C800, C810, V700, C-Dock, C-Port.
    >
    > Inspiron: 2500, 2600, 3700, 3800, 4000, 4100, 4150, 5000, 5000e, 7500,
    > 7550, 8000, 8100, Advanced Port Replicator, Docking Station. and
    > Precision: M40.
    >
    > Dell said customers with these adaptors, which were also sold separately
    > between September 1998 and February 2002, should contact it for details
    > of how to get a replacement.
    >

    > http://www.delladapterprogram.com/

    Does this apply to NZ models?
    JohnO, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 11, 2004
  4. My adaptor is one of those affected- although, I did buy the laptop from the
    UK. The lead started buzzing 5 weeks ago (the lead shorted through,
    exposing internal wiring). Bought a 2nd hand one for off trade-me last week.

    In my case, the lead failed near the molded plug which inserts into the
    laptop- this part of the lead seems to experience greater stress and
    day-to-day use can cause internal wiring to fracture.

    I read in the newsgroups that this problem is fairly common.

    If only the recall was a few weeks ago.

    Jed Meisterdude, Oct 11, 2004
  5. Jed Meisterdude wrote:
    > My adaptor is one of those affected- although, I did buy the laptop from the
    > UK. The lead started buzzing 5 weeks ago (the lead shorted through,
    > exposing internal wiring). Bought a 2nd hand one for off trade-me last week.

    > If only the recall was a few weeks ago.

    either way you can still get a new one... unless you've chucked it?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 11, 2004
  6. "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    > Jed Meisterdude wrote:
    >> My adaptor is one of those affected- although, I did buy the laptop from
    >> the UK. The lead started buzzing 5 weeks ago (the lead shorted through,
    >> exposing internal wiring). Bought a 2nd hand one for off trade-me last
    >> week.

    >> If only the recall was a few weeks ago.

    > either way you can still get a new one... unless you've chucked it?

    I still have the old adapter. It would be useful having two adapters , so I
    can power the laptop from 2 places without transporting the ac adaptor
    around.

    So gave dell a call. The malaysian CSR's english was awful. They couldn't
    even understand 'oceanview road'. I had to phonetically spell my whole name,
    address, support #, adapter serial number, phone number and so on. Took
    about 3/4 hour.
    Jed Meisterdude, Oct 11, 2004