    subject area of the email so I know to accept it.
    Thanks in advance....
    Mike
    Mykee, Nov 4, 2005

  2. Mykee

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 00:46:56 GMT, "Mykee" <> wrote:

    >Does anyone reading this have any expertise with a Dell 8200? Battery was
    >not charging so a new external power supply was bought, that did not fix the
    >problem so a new battery was acquired. That does not seem to have resolved
    >the problem. Tried to install the new BIOS upgrade and dumps out because
    >there is not enough battery power. The system is not seeing the external
    >power source, however, when it is plugged in, I get an orange light showing
    >there is power. Can someone please help? This laptop belongs to my Doctor
    >and I know for certain he is extremely frustrated with this entire
    >situation. Already invested over $200 and nothing has been resolved.
    >
    >please respond to and don't let the spam warning
    >deter you from leaving a message. Please put Dell 8200 Solution in the
    >subject area of the email so I know to accept it.
    >Thanks in advance....
    >Mike

    You're joking, right? Put this in your spam warning... "Reply to newsgroup only"
    Tell the good doctor to either bring it to a repair shop or send it back to Dell.
    Since you get an orange light showing there is power, there's a problem with the
    charging circuit, or a broken battery connector in the laptop. Either way, it's not
    a user repairable problem.

    Or look here for a new/used Dell8200 and swap out the hard drive,
    http://compactURL.com/dmtw
    http://compactURL.com/qcvh
    Unk, Nov 4, 2005