    worked as of yet. Does anyone have a solution for my problem?
    I wonder if some sort of password protection device has been installed?

    Brenda

    Brenda, Jul 23, 2007

  2. Brenda

    Todd H. Guest

    "Brenda" <> writes:

    > I have a Dell 2400 and a Emachine W2686 that I inherited and they are
    > both password protected (windows). I have pulled the password jumper
    > and I have removed the battery on the Dell trying to make it reset and
    > nothing has worked as of yet. Does anyone have a solution for my
    > problem?
    > I wonder if some sort of password protection device has been
    > installed?

    Password jumpers on the motherboard will at best get around any
    BIOS-set passwords. They won't do anything to any windows passwords.

    Dig on Dell and Emachine's websites to see if they have service
    partition you can boot into to reinstall the factory windows image
    from a hidden partition on the hard drive. OR better still from a
    security perspective, throw a few dollars at ordering their factory
    install CD's and reinstall windows from there.

    With how poorly most people maintain their windows machines, you
    really don't want to be using someone's virus infested installation of
    windows anyway, and you'll want to flatten and rebuild the machine
    from an original install CD anyway.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Jul 23, 2007

  3. Brenda

    dc Guest

    Try this...

    dc

    dc, Jul 24, 2007
  4. Brenda

    Ari Guest

    http://www.lostpassword.com/kit.htm

    Ari, Jul 24, 2007
  5. Brenda

    Jim Watt Guest

    Jim Watt, Jul 24, 2007
  6. Brenda

    Ari Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:47:08 +0200, Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:29:16 -0400, Ari <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.lostpassword.com/kit.htm

    > cheaper to buy a new PC

    Depends on the PC and you still don't have your access.

    Ari, Jul 25, 2007
  7. Brenda

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:11:33 -0400, Ari <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:47:08 +0200, Jim Watt wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:29:16 -0400, Ari <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.lostpassword.com/kit.htm

    >> cheaper to buy a new PC

    >Depends on the PC and you still don't have your access.

    From the sample screens the part for resetting the admin
    password looks remarkably like the freeware available on
    the net.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jul 25, 2007
  8. Brenda

    Ari Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:38:28 +0200, Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:11:33 -0400, Ari <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:47:08 +0200, Jim Watt wrote:

    >>> cheaper to buy a new PC

    >>Depends on the PC and you still don't have your access.

    > From the sample screens the part for resetting the admin
    > password looks remarkably like the freeware available on
    > the net.

    Yes, there are freeware alternatives that will do as much.

    Ari, Jul 25, 2007