Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD now available in NZ

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Steven Ellis, May 4, 2005.

  1. Steven Ellis

    Steven Ellis Guest

    Steven Ellis, May 4, 2005

  2. Steven Ellis

    Tim Guest

    Wait until you check the US price, the US price for corps, then the NZ
    price. ...

    I don't believe in donating hundreds of dollars to corporates. I would
    rather buy a software license from MS.

    - Tim

    Tim, May 4, 2005

  3. Steven Ellis

    Jedmeister Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message news:d59nof$pji$...
    > Wait until you check the US price, the US price for corps, then the NZ
    > price. ...
    >
    > I don't believe in donating hundreds of dollars to corporates. I would
    > rather buy a software license from MS.
    >
    > - Tim

    Economies of scale blah blah.

    Interestingly, I checked the price to purchase this were I living in
    Australia....$1,170 (in NZD)

    The NZ price is $1369 nzd. Interestingly they throw in a free usb128 key?
    WTF? Sounds like dumping.

    I wonder why the difference between Aus and NZ considering Dell ships from
    Malaysia anyway???

    Jedmeister, May 4, 2005
  4. Steven Ellis

    CSE Guest

    On 3 May 2005 21:44:37 -0700, "Steven Ellis" <> wrote:

    >Anyone here considering this. Looks pretty damn good for the price,
    >although the Apple 20" Cinema screen has now dropped to a similar price
    >locally.
    >
    >Interesting review at
    >http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2400&p=1
    >
    >Steve

    Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode and has to
    be fixed..

    CSE, May 4, 2005
  5. Steven Ellis

    Jedmeister Guest

    "CSE" <> wrote in message
    > On 3 May 2005 21:44:37 -0700, "Steven Ellis" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone here considering this. Looks pretty damn good for the price,
    >>although the Apple 20" Cinema screen has now dropped to a similar price
    >>locally.
    >>
    >>Interesting review at
    >>http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2400&p=1
    >>
    >>Steve

    > Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode and has
    > be fixed..

    What about radeon 9800 pro (dell oem)?

    Jedmeister, May 4, 2005
  6. Steven Ellis

    CSE Guest

    On Wed, 4 May 2005 21:39:50 +1200, "Jedmeister" <> wrote:

    >"CSE" <> wrote in message
    >> On 3 May 2005 21:44:37 -0700, "Steven Ellis" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone here considering this. Looks pretty damn good for the price,
    >>>although the Apple 20" Cinema screen has now dropped to a similar price
    >>>locally.
    >>>
    >>>Interesting review at
    >>>http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2400&p=1
    >>>
    >>>Steve

    >> Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode and has
    >> be fixed..
    >>

    >What about radeon 9800 pro (dell oem)?

    Does it support HDTV..?

    Be also careful as some OEM cards are not the full quid..

    I only read this on a Web site today, and I find its almost impossible to find
    things again, tried all day to find a link to a Forum that I had printed out,
    never found this link but in the end found it on the web site..

    Will have a quick look again but it was for Nvidia cards..

    Here it is

    Top Article as of now.

    http://www.hardocp.com/?

    CSE, May 4, 2005
  7. Steven Ellis

    gimp Guest

    CSE wrote:
    > Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode

    utter horse-shit woger.

    gimp, May 4, 2005
  8. Steven Ellis

    Tim Guest

    You didn't look at the US prices did you?
    You didn't look at some of the discounts they offer there did you?
    Since Dell charges separately for "Delivery" there is no excuse for price
    differentials like that.

    Now, what is a 128MB USB Key worth? $10NZ? Everyone is giving them away
    these days.

    - Tim

    Tim, May 4, 2005
  9. Steven Ellis

    CSE Guest

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 22:37:52 +1200, gimp <> wrote:

    >CSE wrote:
    >> Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode

    >utter horse-shit woger.

    So go read the Link and Apologize..

    Dick Head..

    CSE, May 4, 2005
  10. Steven Ellis

    Jedmeister Guest

    "CSE" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 4 May 2005 21:39:50 +1200, "Jedmeister" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"CSE" <> wrote in message

    >>> Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode and
    >>> has
    >>> be fixed..
    >>>

    >>What about radeon 9800 pro (dell oem)?
    >>

    > Does it support HDTV..?
    >
    > Be also careful as some OEM cards are not the full quid..
    >
    > I only read this on a Web site today, and I find its almost impossible to
    > find
    > things again, tried all day to find a link to a Forum that I had printed
    > out,
    > never found this link but in the end found it on the web site..
    >
    > Will have a quick look again but it was for Nvidia cards..
    >
    > Here it is
    >

    > Top Article as of now.
    >
    > http://www.hardocp.com/?

    cheers

    Jedmeister, May 4, 2005
  11. Steven Ellis

    Jedmeister Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message news:d5a8bn$ri4$...
    > You didn't look at the US prices did you?
    > You didn't look at some of the discounts they offer there did you?
    > Since Dell charges separately for "Delivery" there is no excuse for price
    > differentials like that.
    >
    > Now, what is a 128MB USB Key worth? $10NZ? Everyone is giving them away
    > these days.
    >
    > - Tim
    >
    > "Jedmeister" <> wrote in message
    >> "Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>> Wait until you check the US price, the US price for corps, then the NZ
    >>> price. ...
    >>>
    >>> I don't believe in donating hundreds of dollars to corporates. I would
    >>> rather buy a software license from MS.
    >>>
    >>> - Tim
    >>>

    >> Economies of scale blah blah.
    >>
    >> Interestingly, I checked the price to purchase this were I living in
    >> Australia....$1,170 (in NZD)
    >>
    >> The NZ price is $1369 nzd. Interestingly they throw in a free usb128 key?
    >> WTF? Sounds like dumping.
    >>
    >> I wonder why the difference between Aus and NZ considering Dell ships
    >> from Malaysia anyway???

    Yeah I did look at the US prices - that's what I was referring to when I
    mentioned economies of scale.

    It is a huge saving to buy this in the US - ($700nzd ???). Roughly 1/2 the
    cost of the NZ price.Really is crappy.

    Jedmeister, May 4, 2005
  12. Steven Ellis

    gimp Guest

    CSE wrote:
    > So go read the Link and Apologize..

    well...no.

    i assume ur referring to the compatibility chart on dell website - which
    doesn't mention the 6xxx series 'cause its an outdated list.

    *ALL 6XXX GEFORCE CARDS DO WORK WITH THE 2005/2405 FPW* and if you did
    some research and knew anybody who had this monitor/card combo you would
    know this.

    gimp, May 4, 2005
  13. Steven Ellis

    Steven Ellis Guest

    Hmm Can't find the article on hardocp.com. Care to provide a better
    link

    Steve

    Steven Ellis, May 5, 2005
  14. Steven Ellis

    CSE Guest

    On 4 May 2005 22:18:56 -0700, "Steven Ellis" <> wrote:

    >Hmm Can't find the article on hardocp.com. Care to provide a better
    >link
    >
    >Steve

    No as its still there but look for Tuesday.

    Is the title..

    SLI Widescreen Broken:

    Use this to the correct today page as they do cause page cache problems

    http://www.hardocp.com/?

    CSE, May 5, 2005