Dell 1150 from Warehouse

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Stewbaby, Nov 22, 2004.

  1. Stewbaby

    Stewbaby Guest

    Hi folks,

    If any of you have bought, or are supporting anyone who bought one of
    the Inspiron 1150 notebooks from the Warehouse, you may notice a
    slowdown after installing SP2. The following comes from the Dell site
    and will fix the issue:

    Inspiron 1150 Performance Loss

    After installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 on your Inspiron 1150 with
    an Intel®
    Celeron® processor, you may notice the speed of the computer is
    reduced considerably.

    Dell has provided an update to fix the performance loss.

    To obtain the update and installation instructions, refer to Dell
    Knowledge Base
    article:

    "Dell™ Inspiron™ 1150 Update for Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack
    2"
    http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?DN=HO1090723

    Cheers,

    stewbaby
    Stewbaby, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Stewbaby

    Stewbaby Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Stewbaby wrote:
    > > "Dell™ Inspiron™ 1150 Update for Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack
    > > 2"
    > > http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?DN=HO1090723

    > It'd be nice if they gave some sort of information as to the cause of it.

    They say that it sets the CPU to the lowest speed... I believe it is a
    conflict with their "Quickset" software.

    I installed it on mine and it now works fine ;^)

    Stewbaby
    Stewbaby, Nov 22, 2004