    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Steve Mouton <
    Stephen Mouton, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Stephen Mouton

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:C0460975.3821%,
    Stephen Mouton spewed forth:
    > How can I delete a red-flagged item from my computer's DELETE file,
    > as it is now each time I try to highlight it for deletion I get a box
    > that says "Outlook Express has quit because of an error #10, please
    > save all other work and restart the computer."
    >

    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Steve Mouton <

    Start by running the compact utility - tools, options, maintenance tab,
    clean up now button, compact button.

    If that doesn't work, restart the computer, but DON'T start OE. Delete the
    whole deleted items folder, then start OE. It will recreate a new deleted
    folder.

    The deleted items are in a file called C:\Documents and Settings\your user
    name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express\deleted items.dbx.

    You may need to turn on hidden files to see that, plus of course use your
    user name, and the GUID is a long alpha-numeric string that differs from
    user to user.

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.
    Toolman Tim, Mar 22, 2006