    menu. Ignore Pictures Library, Top Rated Photos and Solid Colours, which
    appear to be part of the furniture. I can delete a photo. via the 'Browse'
    menu, but not its folder.
    Emrys Davies, Nov 29, 2010

  2. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "Big Steel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:45:17 -0000, "Emrys Davies" <> wrote:
    >> I have Win. 7 Home Premium 64 bit

    >> In Windows Desktop Backgrounds, how can I delete a topic/folder

    > which I have
    >> imported from 'Pictures' via the 'Browse'
    >> menu. Ignore Pictures Library, Top Rated Photos and Solid Colours,

    > which
    >> appear to be part of the furniture. I can delete a photo. via the

    > 'Browse'
    >> menu, but not its folder.

    > With UAC enabled, your account you use as admin doesn't have all rights.
    > You can try to take ownership of the folder. You can also go to the folder
    > and set permissions, because you have two accounts on the folder with
    > permissions. You have your admin user account with full permissions.
    >
    > You are also part of the computer user group, and it doesn't have
    > permissions. You can set the computer user group to match the permissions
    > of the admin group on the folder, which will stop the access denied
    > message. You can do that if you are the only user of the computer.
    >
    > --
    > posted with a Droid

    Thanks to you both. Very interesting. I am still digesting the contents.
    Emrys Davies, Nov 30, 2010

  3. Emrys Davies

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Emrys Davies" <> wrote:

    >Thanks to you both. Very interesting. I am still digesting the contents.

    If the problem is indeed file ownership, an easy way to "take ownership" is this
    simple registry add-on. It provides a simple right-click "take ownership"
    command.

    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

    get file here:

    http://www.howtogeek.com/downloads/TakeOwnership.zip

    --
    You'll be Ok, Enjoy. Life is nothing more than a bunch of mini
    vacations all rolled into one. - Old Gringo
    G. Morgan, Nov 30, 2010