    for some reason. When I go into properties to change them from Read-only,
    they change themselves right back. Is there some other way to eliminate
    them. Can anyone help?
    Warren Davies, Sep 25, 2004

  2. Warren Davies

    Timberwolf Guest

    "Warren Davies" <> wrote in message
    news:cj4h2b$p9g$...
    >I have XP, on my hard drive I havefiles and folders, that just won't delete
    >for some reason. When I go into properties to change them from Read-only,
    >they change themselves right back. Is there some other way to eliminate
    >them. Can anyone help?

    And these files would be named????
    Timberwolf, Sep 25, 2004

  3. Warren Davies

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:31:25 +0100, "Warren Davies"
    <> wrote:

    >I have XP, on my hard drive I havefiles and folders, that just won't delete
    >for some reason. When I go into properties to change them from Read-only,
    >they change themselves right back. Is there some other way to eliminate
    >them. Can anyone help?

    See if this helps:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm
    Read "Delete - Can't Delete Files or Folders"

    How do I delete an "undeletable" file?
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_undeletable_file.htm
    Home Page: http://www.dougknox.com/index.html
    Unk, Sep 25, 2004
  4. Warren Davies

    Plato Guest

    Warren Davies wrote:

    > I have XP, on my hard drive I havefiles and folders, that just won't delete
    > for some reason. When I go into properties to change them from Read-only,
    > they change themselves right back. Is there some other way to eliminate
    > them. Can anyone help?

    It's normal for folder names to change themselves right back ie in XP
    they are by default read only and will go back to that.
    Plato, Sep 26, 2004