    Please help me to understand the problem and how to fix it, so I can
    choose the web page I want as my browser's default home page.

    Thank you for any assistance you can provide me.

    SysAssist, Jan 19, 2006

  2. SysAssist

    GHalleck Guest

    SysAssist wrote:
    > Everytime I try to change my default setting for my Internet Explorer
    > home, yahoo overrides my changes with one of their pages. I go to the
    > Tools menu and select Internet Options. I click the general tab and
    > either click the current page button or type in a URL I want as my
    > default browser home page. After making that change I click the apply
    > button and then the OK button, expecting IE to accept my changes.
    > However when I click the home page button on my browser a yahoo page
    > appears.
    >
    > Please help me to understand the problem and how to fix it, so I can
    > choose the web page I want as my browser's default home page.
    >
    > Thank you for any assistance you can provide me.

    Need to run one of the adaware applications, such as Lavasoft
    Ad-Aware SE Personal or Spybut S&D. In addition, run an online
    anti-virus scanner, such as Housecall from Trend-Micro. Delete
    all of the malware detected. They should take care of the worm
    or trojan that got into the computer.

    GHalleck, Jan 19, 2006

  3. SysAssist

    Chet Guest