    assume it's installed on another partition. Problem is I see no "Uninstall"
    program for Me. I 'd like to get it off and free up HD space. What's the best
    way to do this ? Thanks

    LRESA500, Jun 22, 2004

  2. LRESA500

    Jerry G. Guest

    ME is an operating system, not a program. The uninstall is to reformat
    the partition. This can get tricky when you have XP residing in the
    system as well.

    I would keep the ME because it is there, and add a low cost second hard
    drive the machine if more space is required.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
    Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
    "LRESA500" <> wrote in message
    To my surprise I find that one of my home PCs, a hand-me-down Gateway
    950
    Anthem has 2 operating systems on it, Windows XP and Me. I found out by
    accident when I hit the F1 key before Windows loaded. I have been using
    XP for
    several months with no problems. However Windows Me seems fully
    functional so I

    Jerry G., Jun 22, 2004

  3. LRESA500

    slick Guest

    If in fact WinME is installed on a separate partition, the only way to
    delete the partition and make the entire drive one primary partition is to
    use FDISK which will cause you to lose everything and have to reinstall
    unless you want to buy a third party partitioning software such as
    PowerQuest Partition Magic (I strongly reccomend this one). If you buy a
    program like that, then you need to delete the other partition and merge the
    unallocated free space into the WinXP partition.

    ~NHL

    slick, Jun 22, 2004
  4. LRESA500

    WebWalker Guest

    On 22 Jun 2004 05:00:40 GMT, (LRESA500) wrote:

    >To my surprise I find that one of my home PCs, a hand-me-down Gateway 950
    >Anthem has 2 operating systems on it, Windows XP and Me. I found out by
    >accident when I hit the F1 key before Windows loaded. I have been using XP for
    >several months with no problems. However Windows Me seems fully functional so I
    >assume it's installed on another partition. Problem is I see no "Uninstall"
    >program for Me. I 'd like to get it off and free up HD space. What's the best
    >way to do this ? Thanks

    In WinXP, use "Windows Explorer" to explore your HD(or partitions).
    Check their properties by right click the drives and select
    "Properties".

    A pop-up dialog window will appear, check the "File System". If it says
    FAT32 and one of the folder is called "Windows", most likely it is the
    WinME installed into it.

    If you want to format that WinME partition or drive, right click the say
    drive and select "format".

    ** Beware that all data in that partition will be gone ***

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Jun 25, 2004