    explorer files, including Explorer. There is a difference ya know. Any
    help would be da bomb baby.

    Happy holidays!
    Adam Ross, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Adam Ross

    RussS Guest

    If ya wanna get rid of that why not just use Linux?
    Windows explorer is a part of Windows - sure you can remove it, but all
    turns to shit after that usually.
    RussS, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Adam Ross

    David Hough Guest

    Russ is right. Just leave it, You don't have to use it, usually. If
    you should go onto Microsofts website and opt for a download, it will
    tell you that you need plugins found in IE. >
    David Hough, Dec 25, 2003
  4. First of all, are you talking about Internet Explorer, or the Windows
    Explorer?

    Unistalling IE is possible, but not worth the trouble. Just ignore it
    if you don't like it (I havent used it in years).

    Uninstalling Windows Explorer (and that includes the file named
    explorer.exe) isn't possible. That program provides, among other
    things, the desktop and "My Computer" views of the sytem, as well as
    the view commonly associated with "Windows Explorer"

    Gordon Findlay, Dec 25, 2003
  5. Adam Ross

    BaldEagle Guest

    How would you go about installing Internet Explorer. I thought it was
    intregal to the opr, sys. I tired once and I could get rid of the
    service pack but not the program.

    Ken

    BaldEagle, Jan 5, 2004
  6. Microsoft are certainly doing their best to make it an integral part
    of the OS.

    Some versions of IE can be removed from some versions of Windows;
    other times it can be masked, or hidden, to a greater or lesser
    extent. Google found me a lot of advice for various situations: all is
    risky, and besides, some applications will still expect to find bits
    of the damned thing floating around, so as I said, don't bother, but
    rather just ignore it.

    Gordon Findlay, Jan 5, 2004
  7. for w98 download IEeradicator from :
    http://www.litepc.com/download.html

    for xp/2000 download the free trial of xplite / 2000lite

    JM

    "BaldEagle" <> wrote in message
    > How would you go about installing Internet Explorer. I thought it was
    > intregal to the opr, sys. I tired once and I could get rid of the
    > service pack but not the program.
    >
    > Ken
    >
    > On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:06:27 +1300, Gordon Findlay
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >First of all, are you talking about Internet Explorer, or the Windows
    > >Explorer?
    > >
    > >Unistalling IE is possible, but not worth the trouble. Just ignore it
    > >if you don't like it (I havent used it in years).
    > >
    > >Uninstalling Windows Explorer (and that includes the file named
    > >explorer.exe) isn't possible. That program provides, among other
    > >things, the desktop and "My Computer" views of the sytem, as well as
    > >the view commonly associated with "Windows Explorer"
    > >
    > >On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:13:40 -0500, "Adam Ross"
    > ><> wrote:
    > >
    > >>How do I delete and/or uninstal both MS windows internet web browser and

    all
    > >>explorer files, including Explorer. There is a difference ya know. Any
    > >>help would be da bomb baby.
    > >>
    > >>Happy holidays!

    ---
    Jonathan Miles, Jan 7, 2004