    --
    Terry
    Remove the rodent from my email address to reply directly.
    Terry, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Terry

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:34:06 -0400, "Terry" <>
    wrote:

    >I am using a Sandisk Ultra II 2GB CF in my Canon 30D. Twice now when I have
    >been deleting individual shots with the camera "Image Protected" appears on
    >the LCD and the camera freezes - it just seizes up. (BTW both times I have
    >already deleted several shots before the problem occurs) I have never
    >chosen to Protct an image. If I shut the main power switch to OFF the red
    >light stays on and the camera remains non-functional. I have to remove the
    >battery from the camera and reinsert it to use it again. I have reformatted
    >the card several times between the two time that it happened, yet it did
    >happen a second time. Do I have cause for concern? Any remedy?? I will be
    >taking the camera to Kenya in November to photograph my new born grandson &
    >hopefully wildlife as well. I would hate to lose any shots that might be
    >significant memories. How do I tell if the glitch occured because of the CF
    >or the camera? Thanks in advance for helpful advice.

    How to tell if the glitch is card or camera related...
    Try another card. If the glitch doesn't re-occur, the problem is
    probably in the card.
    It's much less expensive to try a new card instead of a new camera,
    unless one has a friend with the same model camera. :)
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Sep 7, 2006