    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

    Thank you for your assistance.
    Ron, Jun 21, 2005

  2. Ron

    old jon Guest

    "Ron" <> wrote in message
    news:CL_te.1773237$6l.23794@pd7tw2no...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can I safely delete the information found here:
    >
    > HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    > Settings\ZoneMap\Domains
    >
    > Thank you for your assistance.

    Unless you have a Very good reason for doing so. No.
    old jon, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Ron

    Sly Guest

    you can safely delete anything you want in the registry, go ahead, really

    Sly, Jun 21, 2005
  4. Ron

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:28:18 GMT, Ron wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Can I safely delete the information found here:

    You can safely delete anything in the registry, as long as -

    You understand it may kill your system.
    In the case of the abouce, it's your fault.
    You know what you are doing.
    Have a good backup.
    Know how to recover from the backup.

    >HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    >Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

    Why not edit the entries from MSIE zone settings, unless you have been
    hit by a trojan or something else? In thar case www.google.com first.

    >Thank you for your assistance.

    Me
    why?, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Ron

    birch Guest

    do not delete this particular key

    birch, Jun 21, 2005
  6. Ron

    °Mike° Guest

    In <CL_te.1773237$6l.23794@pd7tw2no>,
    Ron took 10 lines to utter:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Can I safely delete the information found here:
    >
    >HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    >Settings\ZoneMap\Domains
    >
    >Thank you for your assistance.

    You have been given conflicting, even bad, advice so far. The registry
    key that you list is the store for trusted and restricted sites. Ideally, you
    should use the IE Control Panel applet, but there may be some that
    don't appear in there. As a general guide, anything that has a value
    of '0x00000004(4)' should NOT be deleted, since this is the value given
    to restricted (usually nasty) sites -- your antispyware software may
    put values here. Anything with a value of 0x00000003(3) SHOULD be
    removed, unless you gave the particular site 'trusted' status. Do NOT
    remove the actual 'Domains' key itself.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 21, 2005