    What do I change to accomplish that ??
    Thanks

    , May 13, 2007

  2. Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 13 May 2007 13:58:29 +0000, jimfisher32 wrote:

    > I used msconfig to attempt to delete a couple of programs from Start
    > list.
    > I got an error message saying I would have to log in using an
    > Administrator Account.
    > What do I change to accomplish that ?? Thanks

    What OS?

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    Aardvark, May 13, 2007

  3. Guest

    I'm sorry - XP PRO

    On Sun, 13 May 2007 14:05:47 GMT, Aardvark <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 13 May 2007 13:58:29 +0000, jimfisher32 wrote:
    >
    >> I used msconfig to attempt to delete a couple of programs from Start
    >> list.
    >> I got an error message saying I would have to log in using an
    >> Administrator Account.
    >> What do I change to accomplish that ?? Thanks

    >What OS?

    , May 13, 2007
  4. Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 13 May 2007 14:59:53 +0000, jimfisher32 wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 May 2007 14:05:47 GMT, Aardvark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 13 May 2007 13:58:29 +0000, jimfisher32 wrote:
    >>
    >>> I used msconfig to attempt to delete a couple of programs from Start
    >>> list.
    >>> I got an error message saying I would have to log in using an
    >>> Administrator Account.
    >>> What do I change to accomplish that ?? Thanks

    >>What OS?

    > I'm sorry - XP PRO

    Reboot into safe mode (or safe mode with networking). You do this by
    pressing F8 while booting up. Start hitting the F8 key when the POST
    screen shows and you'll get the boot menu. Use the arrow keys to make
    your choice then hit enter.

    The Administrator password by default in XP is blank, so unless you
    changed it for something else just click on the 'Administrator' icon then
    'Enter'. Now you're signed in as adfmin you can do what you want to do.

    HTH

    Aardvark, May 13, 2007
  5. Vanguard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I used msconfig to attempt to delete a couple of programs from Start
    > list.
    > I got an error message saying I would have to log in using an
    > Administrator Account.
    > What do I change to accomplish that ??
    > Thanks

    If already logged in under an admin-level account, just ignore it.
    Click the OK or whatever button to close that popup, reboot, and you'll
    notice the items no longer load. Remember to select the checkbox when
    you login after the reboot to quit redisplaying the dialog telling you
    about your prior change using msconfig; otherwise, you'll see it on
    every startup of Windows.

    By the way, deselecting them in msconfig is not the same as deleting
    them. Not exactly. msconfig moves the entry from the Run registry key
    into a placeholder registry key. That is why you can reselect the item
    which has msconfig move it from the placeholder registry key back to the
    Run registry key. Other utilities, like SysInternals' AutoRuns, will
    actually delete the Run registry key.

    Before putzing around with msconfig or other similar startup managers,
    have you yet looked into the configuration or options for the program(s)
    to see if there already exists a means of not loading the program(s) on
    startup?

    Vanguard, May 13, 2007
  6. olfart Guest

    Go to www.mlin.net and download Startup Control Panel

    olfart, May 13, 2007
  7. olfart wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 13 May 2007 14:59:53 +0000, jimfisher32 wrote:

    >>> I'm sorry - XP PRO
    >>>

    >> Reboot into safe mode (or safe mode with networking). You do this by
    >> pressing F8 while booting up. Start hitting the F8 key when the POST
    >> screen shows and you'll get the boot menu. Use the arrow keys to make
    >> your choice then hit enter.
    >>
    >> The Administrator password by default in XP is blank, so unless you
    >> changed it for something else just click on the 'Administrator' icon then
    >> 'Enter'. Now you're signed in as adfmin you can do what you want to do.
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    > Go to www.mlin.net and download Startup Control Panel

    Now there's an enduring little utility. I think Mike was something like
    14 when he coded that.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, May 13, 2007
  8. Guest

    Thanks evryone for the help. I got the Start up Panel program and it
    did the trick. Thanks abain for the help

    On Sun, 13 May 2007 13:58:29 GMT, wrote:

    >I used msconfig to attempt to delete a couple of programs from Start
    >list.
    >I got an error message saying I would have to log in using an
    >Administrator Account.
    >What do I change to accomplish that ??
    >Thanks

    , May 14, 2007