    Any solution to this problem? Because this partition has about 20 Giga
    bytes, so I want to delete it to leave "c" as one mass.
    Thanks
    Saref Aref, Mar 5, 2006

  2. Saref Aref

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Saref Aref wrote:
    > By a mistake I did a partition to my hard drive. The part that done this
    > partition carry "D'.Can I delete this partition.
    > I tried to format this D but windows refused saying that it`s a part of "C".
    > Any solution to this problem? Because this partition has about 20 Giga
    > bytes, so I want to delete it to leave "c" as one mass.
    > Thanks

    If you can burn one, it will have partition utilities.

    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Mar 6, 2006

  3. Saref Aref

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message
    > By a mistake I did a partition to my hard drive. The part that done this
    > partition carry "D'.Can I delete this partition.
    > I tried to format this D but windows refused saying that it`s a part of
    > "C". Any solution to this problem? Because this partition has about 20
    > Giga bytes, so I want to delete it to leave "c" as one mass.
    > Thanks

    See this:

    http://www.computerhope.com/diskpart.htm
    Mark Mandell, Mar 6, 2006
  4. Saref Aref

    Saref Aref Guest

    Thanks Duane. What do you mean by burn one? and how can this done.
    Saref

    Saref Aref, Mar 7, 2006
  5. Saref Aref

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Saref Aref wrote:
    > Thanks Duane. What do you mean by burn one? and how can this done.
    > Saref
    > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Saref Aref wrote:
    >>
    >>>By a mistake I did a partition to my hard drive. The part that done this
    >>>partition carry "D'.Can I delete this partition.
    >>>I tried to format this D but windows refused saying that it`s a part of
    >>>"C". Any solution to this problem? Because this partition has about 20
    >>>Giga bytes, so I want to delete it to leave "c" as one mass.
    >>>Thanks

    >>If you can burn one, it will have partition utilities.
    >>
    >>http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
    >>
    >>Duane :)

    You got a CD drive that writes CD(s)? You burn a CD.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Mar 7, 2006
  6. Saref Aref

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Duane. What do you mean by burn one? and how can this done.
    > Saref

    The ultimateboodcd is good but why go to the trouble if you can use your
    existing Win XP CD and the Recovery Console with the Diskpart command and
    then delete that partition.

    Mark Mandell, Mar 7, 2006
  7. Saref Aref

    Saref Aref Guest

    Dear Mark
    How can I find the "Recovery consul"? and use it?
    Thanks
    Saref

    Saref Aref, Mar 8, 2006
  8. Saref Aref

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Mark
    > How can I find the "Recovery consul"? and use it?
    > Thanks
    > Saref

    When you insert the Win XP CD in the CD drive eventually you come to a blue
    screen that offers you at least two options. The first one says to use the
    "R" key to access the Recovery Console. So hit the R key. Then a black
    screen comes up. It will ask you which version of Windows have or something
    similar. Then hit the 1 key.
    the ENTER key. Then after the next line comes up, type in Diskpart and hit
    ENTER. It should show you the partitions you have. It's been awhile since
    I've done this but you should then have the option to delete the partition
    you want. To then delete the partition you'd use the "format" command
    that's available with the Recovery Console. There is a "delete" command too
    but I think that's only to delete files.

    Mark Mandell, Mar 8, 2006
  9. Saref Aref

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Mark
    > How can I find the "Recovery consul"? and use it?
    > Thanks
    > Saref

    I just tried out the Recovery Console and discovered you don't need the
    FORMAT command like I posted before.
    After you do the DISKPART command then at that time you have the option to
    delete the partition.

    Mark Mandell, Mar 9, 2006