    everything.

    TIA,
    Hawkeye

    Hawkeye, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Hawkeye

    slumpy Guest

    Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Hawkeye
    postulated...

    www.groups.google.com
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Hawkeye

    °Mike° Guest

    Knowing the operating system would help, but try:

    Control Panel / Passwords / User Profiles.
    Check 'All users of this computer use the same.....'

    How to Prevent a Windows Logon Prompt at Startup

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:27:30 -0500, in
    <>
    Hawkeye scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Hawkeye

    Win Guest

    TELL US WHAT OS YOU ARE USEING

    win 9x without profiles
    find and delete *.pst files restare and set up as you want
    with profiles delete all profiles
    delted the use of profiles
    find and delete *.pst files restare and set up as you want

    Win xp
    control pannel user accounts
    create an account
    restart
    delete the account you no longer want control pannel user accounts
    restart
    if you want to fully remove it
    delete any referance to your removed account in C:\Documents and Settings

    your laptop is now yourse Hawkeye
    Win

    Puncuation could be added above slumpy but then I'd need to charge
    and it's tripply time sundays :)

    Win, Jan 17, 2004
  5. Hawkeye

    Harrison Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:50:32 +1300, "Win" <>
    wrote:

    >win 9x without profiles
    >find and delete *.pst files restare and set up as you want
    >with profiles delete all profiles
    >delted the use of profiles
    >find and delete *.pst files restare and set up as you want

    If he is using or has used Outlook (the office version), you just told
    him to hose his data files. What the Hell do .pst files have to do
    with the question?

    <snip>

    Harrison, Jan 18, 2004
  6. Hawkeye

    Hawkeye Guest

    Sorry about not stating which OS I am using. WinXP Home edition. Is there
    anything in the registry I need to edit? Thanks for the help!

    Hawkeye

    Hawkeye, Jan 18, 2004
  7. Hawkeye

    °Mike° Guest

    Log on as administrator, and delete the old account.
    Control Panel / User Accounts

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:59:51 -0500, in
    <>
    Hawkeye scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 18, 2004
  8. Hawkeye

    SgtSilicon Guest

    Go to the Google news archives and search for the old message rather
    than ask people to provide the information all over again.

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:27:30 -0500, "Hawkeye"
    <> wrote:

    >I know I've asked this in the past, and got some good information. I've lost
    >the message that I printed out and need the information again. What do I
    >need to do to delete the old owner's username from a laptop I purchased from
    >them? It brings up their username at the logon window and it goes to their
    >folder for the 'command prompt" window. I want to delete their username from
    >everything.
    >

    >TIA,
    >Hawkeye

    ** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and
    including the underscore in my email reply header.

    SgtSilicon, Jan 19, 2004
  9. Hawkeye

    Wayne Heigl Guest

    yes, I suppose one could go to Google and retrieve past info.....but I am
    thankful that these things are posted here again as they are good learning
    points for interested other persons......

    Wayne Heigl, Jan 19, 2004
  10. Hawkeye

    Boomer Guest

    "Wayne Heigl" <> wrote in

    > yes, I suppose one could go to Google and retrieve past
    > info.....but I am thankful that these things are posted here again
    > as they are good learning points for interested other
    > persons......

    And posted again and again and again....

    It would be nice that people learn how to use search engines, search
    the archives...

    Boomer, Jan 19, 2004