    Thanks.
    --
    carole UK

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2xlIFVL?=, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Delete any networking/wireles cards in Device MGR
    Restart.
    Install the wireless card and use Win XP wizard to build a wireless
    connection.
    And/Or call tech support, manufacturer of your new card.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmljaA==?=, Oct 5, 2005

  3. OK - I'll do this (thanks).
    Do I also need to remove the LAN - that is, do I need to get rid of 'Mshome'.
    If so, can I just delete it via Windows Explorer like any other folder or
    file ? or do I need to do something in Control Panel/Network Connections ?
    --
    carole UK

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2xlIFVL?=, Oct 5, 2005
  4. You do not need to get rid of your netowrk card then reinstall it. The
    MSHOME is the workgroup to which your computer belongs. The folder you are
    referring to is most likely just a shortcut type folder to the workgroup.
    You can go to the system properties and change the workgroup there but that
    will not do anything for the old wireless networks appearing in your wireless
    list. In the wireless tab of your wireless adapter there should be some
    advanced settings you can adjust. In those settings is a box with a list of
    available and/or previously used networks. From there you can select each
    one you no longer need and simply remove it.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2xheSBQb3dlbGw=?=, Oct 5, 2005