Deleting news messages

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Walter Donavan, Jul 3, 2004.

  1. I can't see how to do it. They just keep piling up.
    Walter Donavan, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Walter Donavan

    Moz Champion Guest

    Walter Donavan wrote:
    > I can't see how to do it. They just keep piling up.

    You cant really <delete> newsgroup messages, as they exist on the server, but you can control which ones you see, which should satisfy your question.

    You can control how far 'back' your newsgroup listing goes with the use of
    <newsgroup server>-->View Settings for this account
    <name>-->Offline & Disk Space

    The entries under 'Keep' allow you to specifiy which ones you see in your listing in effect. If for example you 'keep' only messages for 5 days, then no messages older than five days will be shown in your view.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Moz Champion wrote:
    > Walter Donavan wrote:
    >
    >> I can't see how to do it. They just keep piling up.

    > You cant really <delete> newsgroup messages, as they exist on the
    > server, but you can control which ones you see, which should satisfy
    > your question.
    >
    > You can control how far 'back' your newsgroup listing goes with the use of
    > <newsgroup server>-->View Settings for this account
    > <name>-->Offline & Disk Space
    >
    > The entries under 'Keep' allow you to specifiy which ones you see in
    > your listing in effect. If for example you 'keep' only messages for 5
    > days, then no messages older than five days will be shown in your view.

    Hmm. Thank you. I am just learning Mozilla-think and it is a bit
    different from Outlook Express, which allows me to delete downloaded
    messages. Anyway, I set my preferences as you showed me. Thanks again.
    Walter Donavan, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Moz Champion wrote:

    > Walter Donavan wrote:
    >
    >> I can't see how to do it. They just keep piling up.

    > You cant really <delete> newsgroup messages, as they exist on the
    > server, but you can control which ones you see, which should satisfy
    > your question.
    >
    > You can control how far 'back' your newsgroup listing goes with the use of
    > <newsgroup server>-->View Settings for this account
    > <name>-->Offline & Disk Space
    >
    > The entries under 'Keep' allow you to specifiy which ones you see in
    > your listing in effect. If for example you 'keep' only messages for 5
    > days, then no messages older than five days will be shown in your view.

    Thanks. I am learning Mozilla-Think and it is different from Outlook
    Express.
    Walter Donavan, Jul 3, 2004
  5. Walter Donavan

    Moz Champion Guest

    Walter Donavan wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Walter Donavan wrote:
    >>
    >>> I can't see how to do it. They just keep piling up.

    >> You cant really <delete> newsgroup messages, as they exist on the
    >> server, but you can control which ones you see, which should satisfy
    >> your question.
    >>
    >> You can control how far 'back' your newsgroup listing goes with the
    >> use of
    >> <newsgroup server>-->View Settings for this account
    >> <name>-->Offline & Disk Space
    >>
    >> The entries under 'Keep' allow you to specifiy which ones you see in
    >> your listing in effect. If for example you 'keep' only messages for 5
    >> days, then no messages older than five days will be shown in your view.
    >>

    > Thanks. I am learning Mozilla-Think and it is different from Outlook
    > Express.

    No, its not really different, just expressed differently is all. With regards to newsgroup messages, Mozilla and Outlook Express operate in almost the same manner in fact, just the words used to describe the various functions differ.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jul 3, 2004