    Any clues about that?

    TIA

    Alex.
    AM, Mar 28, 2007

  2. If you are talking about DYNAMIC NAT translations, then you can clear them
    with "clear ip nat trans *" command. If you want to remove any STATIC NAT
    (one-to-one translation), then you should remove the line from the
    configuration (conf t, no ip nat...), and then issue the "clear ip nat trans
    *) command.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)
    ------
    Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones
    www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
    www.headsetadapter.com

    headsetadapter.com, Mar 28, 2007

  3. AM

    Brian V Guest

    "AM" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Cisco 871 (but it seems to me 870 series in general) with 12.4(11)XJ.
    >
    > Deleting NAT statements is a very hard task!
    > There is no way to use "no <ip NAT statement>" and have that command
    > applied.
    > The NAT statements disappear, once I have deleted them, in a ramdom term,
    > from seconds to minutes.
    > I'm still waiting, after half hour, to see applied the "no ip nat ..."
    > command I performed.
    >
    > I also deleted the translation with the command clear...
    >
    > Any clues about that?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Alex.

    After you remove the NAT statement you need to clear the NAT translation
    table. "clear ip nat trans *"
    Brian V, Mar 28, 2007
  4. AM

    AM Guest

    > After you remove the NAT statement you need to clear the NAT translation
    > table. "clear ip nat trans *"

    I apologize. All the NAT translation are static and there is no way to have the statements deleted even if I apply "no
    ip nat inside source ....." at the "conf term" prompt.

    I need a lot of luck........ :-(

    Thanks Alex
    AM, Mar 28, 2007
  5. AM

    Brian V Guest

    "AM" <> wrote in message
    >> After you remove the NAT statement you need to clear the NAT translation
    >> table. "clear ip nat trans *"

    > I apologize. All the NAT translation are static and there is no way to
    > have the statements deleted even if I apply "no ip nat inside source
    > ....." at the "conf term" prompt.
    >

    > I need a lot of luck........ :-(
    >

    > Thanks Alex

    You can absolutely remove them. If it tells you that it cannot be removed
    because they are in use then you need to clear the nat able first, remove
    the nat statement then it's always a good practice to clear the nat table
    again.
    Brian V, Mar 28, 2007
  6. AM

    AM Guest

    > You can absolutely remove them. If it tells you that it cannot be removed
    > because they are in use then you need to clear the nat able first, remove
    > the nat statement then it's always a good practice to clear the nat table
    > again.

    The problem was that the router accepted silently the negation of the NAT statement but didn't remove the statement at all.

    Anyway I rebooted the router, after having deleted the "ip nat outside/inside" from th einvolved interface and now it
    works fine.

    Thanks to all.

    Alex

    Let me point out that when I enter the command "ip nat inside source static ..."
    the router diplaye a newline so that I got the prompt string not just the line underneath but that after with a newline
    in the middle. Don't ask me why.

    Alex.
    AM, Mar 28, 2007