    makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted at the end of the list.
    Help!!!!
    Thanks
    colder, Aug 24, 2006

  2. colder

    dadiOH Guest

    colder wrote:
    > Hi:
    > When I try to delete multiple pictures,by using CTRL key and
    > highlighting the pictures I want deleted.
    > I do not want to Select All.
    > If I try doing this with more than about 4 of them at a time,my
    > computer makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted at the end of
    > the list. Help!!!!
    > Thanks

    It sounds like you are moving the mouse; i.e., dragging the
    selected...that would do what you describe.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Aug 24, 2006

  3. colder

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:04:28 -0700, "colder" <> wrote:

    >Hi:
    >When I try to delete multiple pictures,by using CTRL key and highlighting
    >the pictures I want deleted.
    >I do not want to Select All.
    >If I try doing this with more than about 4 of them at a time,my computer
    >makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted at the end of the list.
    > Help!!!!
    > Thanks

    When holding the control key down, are you clicking the mouse once for each
    picture and not moving it until you want to select another. Maybe your
    mouse is set incorrectly. Could it be too sensitive.
    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Aug 24, 2006
  4. colder

    colder Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:04:28 -0700, "colder" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi:
    >>When I try to delete multiple pictures,by using CTRL key and highlighting
    >>the pictures I want deleted.
    >>I do not want to Select All.
    >>If I try doing this with more than about 4 of them at a time,my computer
    >>makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted at the end of the list.
    >> Help!!!!
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > When holding the control key down, are you clicking the mouse once for
    > each
    > picture and not moving it until you want to select another. Maybe your
    > mouse is set incorrectly. Could it be too sensitive.

    > -- Yes,clicking once for each picture.

    I don't think my mouse is set too sensitive?I've always used it this way.
    Only have this problem with the above scenario.
    I've had this problem forever,but finally thought i'd ask.
    Oh,I use Windows XP.
    Thanks
    colder, Aug 24, 2006
  5. colder

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:57:56 -0700, "colder" <> wrote:

    >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:04:28 -0700, "colder" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi:
    >>>When I try to delete multiple pictures,by using CTRL key and highlighting
    >>>the pictures I want deleted.
    >>>I do not want to Select All.
    >>>If I try doing this with more than about 4 of them at a time,my computer
    >>>makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted at the end of the list.
    >>> Help!!!!
    >>> Thanks
    >>>

    >> When holding the control key down, are you clicking the mouse once for
    >> each
    >> picture and not moving it until you want to select another. Maybe your
    >> mouse is set incorrectly. Could it be too sensitive.

    >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> -- Yes,clicking once for each picture.

    >I don't think my mouse is set too sensitive?I've always used it this way.
    >Only have this problem with the above scenario.
    >I've had this problem forever,but finally thought i'd ask.
    >Oh,I use Windows XP.
    >Thanks

    Does it happen with a different mouse. Have you tried another one?
    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Aug 24, 2006
  6. colder

    colder Guest

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    >I do have to admit,I have done it in a hurry.

    I'll try slowing down next time,and see if that works.
    I move over 100 or so shots at times.(Security camera Pix.)
    Hate to slow down. :--)
    Thanks,I'll try it.
    colder, Aug 24, 2006
  7. colder

    colder Guest

    >>"joevan" <> wrote in message

    >>> When holding the control key down, are you clicking the mouse once for
    >>> each
    >>> picture and not moving it until you want to select another. Maybe your
    >>> mouse is set incorrectly. Could it be too sensitive.

    >>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>> -- Yes,clicking once for each picture.

    >>I don't think my mouse is set too sensitive?I've always used it this way.
    >>Only have this problem with the above scenario.
    >>I've had this problem forever,but finally thought i'd ask.
    >>Oh,I use Windows XP.
    >>Thanks
    >>

    > Does it happen with a different mouse. Have you tried another one?

    No,don't have another.
    Another person also mentioned I might be getting in a hurry and moving the
    mouse a bit while clicking it.
    I'll try going slower,and make sure I hold the mouse still.
    Thanks
    colder, Aug 24, 2006
  8. colder

    PeeCee Guest

    "colder" <> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    > When I try to delete multiple pictures,by using CTRL key and highlighting
    > the pictures I want deleted.
    > I do not want to Select All.
    > If I try doing this with more than about 4 of them at a time,my computer
    > makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted at the end of the list.
    > Help!!!!
    > Thanks

    Colder

    Your problems are almost certainly a mouse click/coordination problem.
    I see it quite often when I teach people the 'Shift/Ctl' click options.

    The one that catches me is the Ctrl A to select all, Del to delete all,
    Enter to confirm key sequence when clearing cache folders.
    My mind and fingers are so used to that combination that quite frequently
    the computer will miss the 'Del' key and try and open all the selected files
    (ie it sees Ctrl A then Enter)

    As others have suggested 'slow down'

    Sigh, so much to do, so little time.

    Paul.
    PeeCee, Aug 24, 2006
  9. colder

    colder Guest

    "PeeCee" <> wrote in message

    > "colder" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi:
    >> When I try to delete multiple pictures,by using CTRL key and
    >> highlighting the pictures I want deleted.
    >> I do not want to Select All.
    >> If I try doing this with more than about 4 of them at a time,my computer
    >> makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted at the end of the list.
    >> Help!!!!
    >> Thanks

    > Colder
    >
    > Your problems are almost certainly a mouse click/coordination problem.
    > I see it quite often when I teach people the 'Shift/Ctl' click options.
    >
    > The one that catches me is the Ctrl A to select all, Del to delete all,
    > Enter to confirm key sequence when clearing cache folders.
    > My mind and fingers are so used to that combination that quite frequently
    > the computer will miss the 'Del' key and try and open all the selected
    > files (ie it sees Ctrl A then Enter)
    >
    > As others have suggested 'slow down'
    >
    > Sigh, so much to do, so little time.
    >
    > Paul.

    Well,i'll sure try the,"Slow down routine."
    Thanks all.
    colder, Aug 24, 2006
  10. colder

    thanatoid Guest

    "colder" <> wrote in

    > Hi:
    > When I try to delete multiple pictures,by using CTRL key
    > and highlighting the pictures I want deleted.
    > I do not want to Select All.
    > If I try doing this with more than about 4 of them at a
    > time,my computer makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted
    > at the end of the list.
    > Help!!!!
    > Thanks

    The mouse makes a lot of things easier, but even more things
    harder and slower. There are admittedly some things a mouse is
    essential for, but less than you would think.

    Instead of using the mouse with your task, you should be using
    the up and down arrow and spacebar keys.

    Hold down Ctl and hit up or down until you get to the file you
    want to highlight (for copying, moving, deletion, or whatever).
    When you do, hit the spacebar, the file will be highlighted.
    Keep on doing this. If it's ALL the files in the directory, just
    hit Ctl-A, or if it's ALMOST all, hit Ctl-A and then de-select
    the ones you don't want using the same method.

    Once you've highlighted all the files, use the appropriate
    shortcut to do what you want to do with them. If all you want to
    do is delete, just hit the Delete key. Done. (Clean out your
    Recycle Bin once in a while.)

    (Admittedly, depending on WHAT you want to do, this CAN be a
    little tricky depending on the features of your particular
    application. Windows Explorer, for instance, appears to have
    been designed to drive people crazy more than anything else.
    There are hundreds of superior alternatives for managing your
    files, many free.)

    When you get good at this you'll find out an additional thing
    you can do using the Shift key along with the others I
    mentioned, but I'll let you discover this one on your own.

    95% of things people laboriously move the mouse a few hundredths
    of an inch to achieve can be done without errors and almost
    instantly using a combination of quickly-learned keyboard
    shortcut combinations.

    For instance, an astounding amount of people do not know that by
    holding down Ctl and using the left and right arrows you jump by
    word not by letter. Get where you want, and then holding Shift
    and Ctl down, hit the left (or right) arrow and you will
    highlight the word(s) you want to change. Why waste 10 (or more)
    seconds trying to highlight it (them) with the stupid mouse? And
    you can highlight any single word just by double clicking, and
    in some applications, an entire line or a paragraph with three
    clicks.

    Not to mention most mice need a cleaning every few weeks.
    Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's a half-hour job.
    thanatoid, Aug 25, 2006
  11. colder

    sittingduck Guest

    colder wrote:

    > Hi:
    > When I try to delete multiple pictures,by using CTRL key and highlighting
    > the pictures I want deleted.
    > I do not want to Select All.
    > If I try doing this with more than about 4 of them at a time,my computer
    > makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted at the end of the list.
    > Help!!!!

    Learn to control your mouse. If you don't click on a file, windows thinks you
    are dragging and copying the files.
    Try selecting ranges by incorporating the shift key.
    sittingduck, Aug 25, 2006
  12. colder

    richard Guest

    "colder" <> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    > When I try to delete multiple pictures,by using CTRL key and highlighting
    > the pictures I want deleted.
    > I do not want to Select All.
    > If I try doing this with more than about 4 of them at a time,my computer
    > makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted at the end of the list.
    > Help!!!!
    > Thanks

    I had this same problem with ME or was it SE? I don't recall how I resolved
    it. But one thing I did was to cut and paste the pics I wanted to delete
    into another folder, then delete the folder.
    It has nothing to do with the mouse. It was an issue with ME itself and
    perhaps only certain versions.
    In XP, that problem does not happen.
    richard, Aug 26, 2006
  13. colder

    richard Guest

    "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > "colder" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi:
    >> When I try to delete multiple pictures,by using CTRL key
    >> and highlighting the pictures I want deleted.
    >> I do not want to Select All.
    >> If I try doing this with more than about 4 of them at a
    >> time,my computer makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted
    >> at the end of the list.
    >> Help!!!!
    >> Thanks

    > The mouse makes a lot of things easier, but even more things
    > harder and slower. There are admittedly some things a mouse is
    > essential for, but less than you would think.
    >
    > Instead of using the mouse with your task, you should be using
    > the up and down arrow and spacebar keys.
    >
    > Hold down Ctl and hit up or down until you get to the file you
    > want to highlight (for copying, moving, deletion, or whatever).
    > When you do, hit the spacebar, the file will be highlighted.
    > Keep on doing this. If it's ALL the files in the directory, just
    > hit Ctl-A, or if it's ALMOST all, hit Ctl-A and then de-select
    > the ones you don't want using the same method.
    >
    > Once you've highlighted all the files, use the appropriate
    > shortcut to do what you want to do with them. If all you want to
    > do is delete, just hit the Delete key. Done. (Clean out your
    > Recycle Bin once in a while.)
    >
    > (Admittedly, depending on WHAT you want to do, this CAN be a
    > little tricky depending on the features of your particular
    > application. Windows Explorer, for instance, appears to have
    > been designed to drive people crazy more than anything else.
    > There are hundreds of superior alternatives for managing your
    > files, many free.)
    >
    > When you get good at this you'll find out an additional thing
    > you can do using the Shift key along with the others I
    > mentioned, but I'll let you discover this one on your own.
    >
    > 95% of things people laboriously move the mouse a few hundredths
    > of an inch to achieve can be done without errors and almost
    > instantly using a combination of quickly-learned keyboard
    > shortcut combinations.
    >
    > For instance, an astounding amount of people do not know that by
    > holding down Ctl and using the left and right arrows you jump by
    > word not by letter. Get where you want, and then holding Shift
    > and Ctl down, hit the left (or right) arrow and you will
    > highlight the word(s) you want to change. Why waste 10 (or more)
    > seconds trying to highlight it (them) with the stupid mouse? And
    > you can highlight any single word just by double clicking, and
    > in some applications, an entire line or a paragraph with three
    > clicks.
    >
    > Not to mention most mice need a cleaning every few weeks.
    > Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's a half-hour job.

    It was not a mouse issue as I had the same problem. And I was using the
    control keys.
    I believe it was an issue in certain issues of SE. Once I upgraded to ME,
    the problem had been resolved.
    richard, Aug 26, 2006
  14. colder

    richard Guest

    "sittingduck" <> wrote in message
    > colder wrote:
    >
    >> Hi:
    >> When I try to delete multiple pictures,by using CTRL key and
    >> highlighting
    >> the pictures I want deleted.
    >> I do not want to Select All.
    >> If I try doing this with more than about 4 of them at a time,my computer
    >> makes a,"Copy," of each one I highlighted at the end of the list.
    >> Help!!!!

    > Learn to control your mouse. If you don't click on a file, windows thinks
    > you
    > are dragging and copying the files.
    > Try selecting ranges by incorporating the shift key.

    Wrong. One version of SE had this issue, which I had. It seems that if you
    deleted one image, you got a renamed duplicate. Using mouse or keys.
    richard, Aug 26, 2006
  15. colder

    sittingduck Guest

    richard wrote:

    >> Learn to control your mouse. If you don't click on a file, windows thinks
    >> you
    >> are dragging and copying the files.
    >> Try selecting ranges by incorporating the shift key.

    > Wrong. One version of SE had this issue, which I had. It seems that if you
    > deleted one image, you got a renamed duplicate. Using mouse or keys.

    Not wrong. Maybe not the cause of your problem, but not wrong.
    sittingduck, Aug 26, 2006
  16. colder

    skev

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    thank you for ending my night mare, Skev.
    skev, Jan 22, 2013