    an eror mesage saying program is in use or by somebody else....i have
    scanned for viruses but they are not infected .are there any programs that
    will delete them or destroy them...thanks
    drvnguy, Oct 23, 2003

  2. drvnguy

    Boomer Guest

    drvnguy, <> wrote:

    > I seem to have a problem deleting some types of files
    > mostly partially dowmloaded ,

    What type of files?

    > when i try to send to recycle bin
    > it gives me an eror mesage saying program is in use or by
    > somebody else....

    What programs do you have running when you try to delete them?

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    Boomer, Oct 23, 2003

  3. drvnguy

    Harrison Guest

    Make sure Kazaa or other file sharing programs are closed before
    deleting them. In most default setups, X ing of Kazaa merely drops it
    to the system tray (bottom right next to the clock). Right-click the
    icon and choose exit to fully close it.

    If all else fails, boot to safe mode and delete from there.

    Harrison, Oct 23, 2003
  4. drvnguy

    Richard Guest

    drvnguy wrote:

    > I seem to have a problem deleting some types of files
    > mostly partially dowmloaded ,when i try to send to recycle bin it
    > gives me
    > an eror mesage saying program is in use or by somebody else....i have
    > scanned for viruses but they are not infected .are there any programs
    > that
    > will delete them or destroy them...thanks

    ctrl+alt+del.
    End task all programs except systray and explorer.
    Be sure you are off line.
    Now try deleting the files.
    Chances are you'll find a Rundll32 listed and that is the reason you can't
    delete them.
    That would indicate something has embedded into the movie to do something
    while in use.
    Richard, Oct 23, 2003
  5. drvnguy

    Orion Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:22:43 -0500, "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote:

    > > I seem to have a problem deleting some types of files
    >> mostly partially dowmloaded ,when i try to send to recycle bin it
    >> gives me
    >> an eror mesage saying program is in use or by somebody else....i have
    >> scanned for viruses but they are not infected .are there any programs
    >> that
    >> will delete them or destroy them...thanks

    >ctrl+alt+del.
    >End task all programs except systray and explorer.
    >Be sure you are off line.
    >Now try deleting the files.
    >Chances are you'll find a Rundll32 listed and that is the reason you can't
    >delete them.
    >That would indicate something has embedded into the movie to do something
    >while in use.

    i was having the same problem. thanks for the tip. could expand on
    your answer? what is rundll32 doing? why?
    Orion, Oct 23, 2003