    different, so only a few get picked up. Then I can delete the folder when
    this nonsense is over.

    Thank you. Geopelia

    geopelia, Sep 20, 2003

  2. geopelia

    Nick Worley Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    news:N4Nab.152990$...
    > I'm getting these hundreds of "microsoft" messages
    >
    > I hold Ctrl and click them individually to highlight them, then delete all
    > on the page.
    >
    > Is there any way to delete all on the window (a dozen or so at a time)
    > without clicking them individually? I don't want to lose any real

    messages,
    > so must look at all the headers.

    If you click on the first message you want to delete (so it's highlighted)
    and then click on another message further down while holding down the shift
    key, then all those messages will be highlighted and you can delete the lot
    in one go. Repeat the process as many times as necessary, but it's a lot
    quicker than using the Ctrl key, which only does one message at a time, as
    you say.
    Regards
    Nick

    Nick Worley, Sep 20, 2003

  3. geopelia

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:14:24 +1200, "geopelia" <> wrote:

    >I'm getting these hundreds of "microsoft" messages
    >
    >I hold Ctrl and click them individually to highlight them, then delete all
    >on the page.
    >
    >Is there any way to delete all on the window (a dozen or so at a time)
    >without clicking them individually? I don't want to lose any real messages,
    >so must look at all the headers.

    That depends on what newsreader you are using.

    >I've made a special folder for them to go, but every header is a little
    >different, so only a few get picked up. Then I can delete the folder when
    >this nonsense is over.

    I have hotmail set to delete some of them, but because the headers are different
    and hotmail only allows 10 special filters they still build up.

    >Thank you. Geopelia

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Sep 20, 2003
  4. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Nick Worley" <> wrote in message
    > "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm getting these hundreds of "microsoft" messages
    > >
    > > I hold Ctrl and click them individually to highlight them, then delete

    all
    > > on the page.
    > >
    > > Is there any way to delete all on the window (a dozen or so at a time)
    > > without clicking them individually? I don't want to lose any real

    > messages,
    > > so must look at all the headers.

    > If you click on the first message you want to delete (so it's highlighted)
    > and then click on another message further down while holding down the

    shift
    > key, then all those messages will be highlighted and you can delete the

    lot
    > in one go. Repeat the process as many times as necessary, but it's a lot
    > quicker than using the Ctrl key, which only does one message at a time, as
    > you say.
    > Regards
    > Nick

    Sounds great, I'll try it. Many thanks
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Sep 20, 2003
  5. geopelia

    > "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm getting these hundreds of "microsoft" messages
    > >
    > > I hold Ctrl and click them individually to highlight them, then delete

    all
    > > on the page.
    > >
    > > Is there any way to delete all on the window (a dozen or so at a time)
    > > without clicking them individually? I don't want to lose any real

    > messages,
    > > so must look at all the headers.

    > If you click on the first message you want to delete (so it's highlighted)
    > and then click on another message further down while holding down the

    shift
    > key, then all those messages will be highlighted and you can delete the

    lot
    > in one go. Repeat the process as many times as necessary, but it's a lot
    > quicker than using the Ctrl key, which only does one message at a time, as
    > you say.
    > Regards
    > Nick
    >
    > It worked! I've got about 800 since this morning, so will get rid of them

    Thanks
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Sep 20, 2003
  6. geopelia

    Steve Knight Guest

    >I've made a special folder for them to go, but every header is a little
    >different, so only a few get picked up. Then I can delete the folder when
    >this nonsense is over.

    get a program called mail washer. it will filter and sort emails and mark them
    for deletion or bouncing or both. that way you don't need to even see them. also
    shows if there are attachments or if it is a virus.

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

    Steve Knight, Sep 20, 2003