    every week or so, but I have heard that your computer still keeps a hidden
    record of everything you look at!

    Thanks
    Neil Greenough, Jul 24, 2003

    http://tinyurl.com/1e0w
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Neil Greenough

    °Mike° Guest

    What operating system are you using?

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:56:44 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bfoagr$rcu$>
    Neil Greenough scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Neil Greenough

    Jimchip Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:56:44 +0000 (UTC), Neil Greenough wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Does anybody know of any good free software to download or any ways that you
    > can delete all the information you have looked at on the internet, which is
    > secretly hidden on your computer? I delete my history and my internet files
    > every week or so, but I have heard that your computer still keeps a hidden
    > record of everything you look at!

    Give Eric Howes' site a good read:
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.
    Jimchip, Jul 24, 2003
  5. "trout" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Neil Greenough wrote:
    >
    > > Hello all,
    > >
    > > Does anybody know of any good free software to download or any ways
    > > that you can delete all the information you have looked at on the
    > > internet, which is secretly hidden on your computer? I delete my
    > > history and my internet files every week or so, but I have heard that
    > > your computer still keeps a hidden record of everything you look at!
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > Spider: http://tinyurl.com/eoyl
    > --
    > "Nifty."
    > Have you thought of changing the number of days it should delete your

    files in history.

    Diane Beauvais, Jul 25, 2003
  6. Neil Greenough

    trout Guest

    Diane Beauvais wrote:

    > "trout" <> a écrit dans le message de
    >> Neil Greenough wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello all,
    >>>
    >>> Does anybody know of any good free software to download or any ways
    >>> that you can delete all the information you have looked at on the
    >>> internet, which is secretly hidden on your computer? I delete my
    >>> history and my internet files every week or so, but I have heard
    >>> that your computer still keeps a hidden record of everything you
    >>> look at!
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> Spider: http://tinyurl.com/eoyl
    >> --
    >> "Nifty."

    >> Have you thought of changing the number of days it should delete
    >> your files in history.

    (Please reply to the original poster. Highlight the post you wish to
    reply to, before selecting "reply to group".)

    The problem is that that this will still 'delete' history in the
    conventional fashion, leaving hidden history of visited URLs.
    Try the (free) program I mentioned. You may be surprised.
    --
    "Particularly if you've a teenager in the house."
    trout, Jul 25, 2003