    Thanks,

    Bill
    , Sep 12, 2005

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On 12 Sep 2005 12:35:32 -0700, wrote:

    >I can send receive email in outlook express OK.
    >
    >Problem: This AM I received an email from an unknown addresse
    >and tried to delete it. It will not delete. After opening it
    >(with my fingers crossed) the message would not delete and I got
    >a window that stated "this mail could not be deleted".
    >
    >Any help that I may receive in resolving this issue will be
    >greatly appreciated.

    Why would you open a e-mail from a unknown person, especially after
    you tried to delete it and it wouldn't?

    The version of OE would help, as well as what error you get when you
    try to delete it.
    Evan Platt, Sep 12, 2005

  3. Guest

    It was operator error. I was using IE 5.5 and now have 6.0. That was
    a mistake,
    Microsoft has not fixed the glitch that will not allow you to click on
    a link and open the
    web browser. You have to cut and paste to the browser. It is a glitch
    with W/2000.

    What version of OE are you descibing?
    , Sep 12, 2005
  4. Guest

    There is no error message.
    , Sep 12, 2005
  5. Evan Platt Guest

    On 12 Sep 2005 14:20:42 -0700, wrote:

    >It was operator error. I was using IE 5.5 and now have 6.0. That was
    >a mistake,

    Using OE is a mistake. Yes.

    >Microsoft has not fixed the glitch that will not allow you to click on
    >a link and open the
    >web browser. You have to cut and paste to the browser. It is a glitch
    >with W/2000.

    Do a bit of googling. Yes, they have fixed the 'glitch'

    >What version of OE are you descibing?

    I haven't described a thing.
    Evan Platt, Sep 12, 2005
  6. Guest

    Thanks
    , Sep 12, 2005
  7. Guest

    Where did you find the fix in google for the glitch I described.

    Thanks,

    Bill
    , Sep 12, 2005
  8. trout Guest

    wrote:

    > I can send receive email in outlook express OK.
    >
    > Problem: This AM I received an email from an unknown addresse
    > and tried to delete it. It will not delete. After opening it
    > (with my fingers crossed) the message would not delete and I got
    > a window that stated "this mail could not be deleted".
    >
    > Any help that I may receive in resolving this issue will be
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bill

    You may have a corrupted Inbox. You could delete (or rename) the
    folder, and see if this corrects the problem. To do this:
    Move any mail you want to keep from your Inbox to another folder
    (you can create one if necessary). If you're unsure of the location of
    your message store, check under Tools; Options; Maintenance- Store
    Folder.
    With OE *closed*, navigate to your message store, and delete or
    rename inbox.dbx. When you reopen OE, a new one will be automatically
    created.
    --
    Happens every now and then.
    trout, Sep 13, 2005
  9. Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > It was operator error. I was using IE 5.5 and now have 6.0. That was
    > a mistake,
    > Microsoft has not fixed the glitch that will not allow you to click on
    > a link and open the
    > web browser. You have to cut and paste to the browser. It is a glitch
    > with W/2000.
    >
    > What version of OE are you descibing?

    I think the ability to open a link by clicking on the link is standard
    for every OS.
    Sure, there are many ways that either Windows or OE can fail to do it.
    I don't remember any other combination complained about in here lately.
    Mitch, Sep 13, 2005
  10. Daave Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks