    my comp keeps shutting down on me. due to insufficient memory..( i think ),
    Cheers All, FRED C

    ---

    fredcromer, Apr 12, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    HF Guest

    Yes delete duplicates but what about getting a bigger hard drive.You will
    get less headache
    "fredcromer" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any way,or any harm in deleting the copies of files that are
    > duplicated from my HD C: drive.that are also on my HD D:drive....the HD

    is
    > 4 gig..i've got 1.3 left on my C: and 1.9 on the D:(but thts only about

    2,9
    > gig, so does that mean it's not real?), anyway i remember someone saying,
    > "whatch out you don't also delete your system .dll's on D: when deleting
    > duplicates......is there a way round this , so i can delete all unwanted
    > duplicates ?? THANKS for Taking the time to read this, Hope u can HELP!!

    as
    > my comp keeps shutting down on me. due to insufficient memory..( i

    think ),
    > Cheers All, FRED C
    >

    > ---

    ---

    HF, Apr 12, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Plato Guest

    fredcromer wrote:

    > duplicates......is there a way round this , so i can delete all unwanted
    > duplicates ?? THANKS for Taking the time to read this, Hope u can HELP!! as

    There is NO way to tell if a .dll is really an _un-needed_ dupe besides
    using common sense. ie you can NEVER trust ANY app to do this
    automatically for you.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 13, 2004