    Thank you very much for the replies in advance

    Please reply as soon as possible if you find one

    , Aug 18, 2008

  2. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > I was wondering if there is any program that can delete cookies
    > without someone knowing
    >
    > lets say i want to install it for someone that doesn't delete his
    > cookies frequently,
    > and i want to let the APP delete all the cookies by itself without the
    > person knowing
    >
    > Thank you very much for the replies in advance
    >
    > Please reply as soon as possible if you find one

    If the cookies store a password, or store a profile used when
    entering the site, that user is going to be pissed.

    Erasing cookies is fine, when all they do is serve the purposes
    of the advertisers, but when they are for the convenience of
    the client end of the connection, then you don't want
    to delete them.

    Only the end user knows how valuable the cookies are. For
    example, I know there is nothing important in my cookies
    on my current computer, so I erase them frequently using
    the provided browser controls. But on previous computers,
    and for job related stuff, I had some cookies which were
    important to keep. For example, a site that only allowed
    registered users to use it, and no longer accepted
    registrations. That one particular cookie, I carried from
    machine to machine (back in the Netscape era, Unix version
    etc).

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 18, 2008

  3. Guest

    On 18 Aug, 18:27, Paul <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I was wondering if there is any program that can delete cookies
    > > without someone knowing

    > > lets say i want to install it for someone that doesn't delete his
    > > cookies frequently,
    > > and i want to let the APP delete all the cookies by itself without the
    > > person knowing

    > > Thank you very much for the replies in advance

    > > Please reply as soon as possible if you find one

    > If the cookies store a password, or store a profile used when
    > entering the site, that user is going to be pissed.
    >
    > Erasing cookies is fine, when all they do is serve the purposes
    > of the advertisers, but when they are for the convenience of
    > the client end of the connection, then you don't want
    > to delete them.
    >
    > Only the end user knows how valuable the cookies are. For
    > example, I know there is nothing important in my cookies
    > on my current computer, so I erase them frequently using
    > the provided browser controls. But on previous computers,
    > and for job related stuff, I had some cookies which were
    > important to keep. For example, a site that only allowed
    > registered users to use it, and no longer accepted
    > registrations. That one particular cookie, I carried from
    > machine to machine (back in the Netscape era, Unix version
    > etc).
    >
    >     Paul

    that's unusual in the extreme. In that situation, I think one should
    email himself the cookie, or keep it in a backup. One would still
    delete all cookies or any temporary internet files with no problems.
    Just copying that special one over.

    For OP-
    Deleting temporary files generally is a good way to save some disk
    space.

    One can delete cookies in any browser quite easily..

    Or find out where they are stored and delete them. (e.g. from command
    prompt, or within windows)

    You would almost have to do the latter option, and your question
    really becomes one of how to run a script automatically..

    The script can delete the cookies. Or the directory that contains them
    (often the directory will be recreated blank)

    I can think of using a batch file (rmdir /s /q within local settings
    - temp, temporary internet files, and may do \windows\temp too) and
    putting it in startup folder.
    Temporary Internet Files is the big culprit, and that has the cookies
    too. (IE says it has them when you click tools..options..delete
    cookies).
    If you use a batch file, it uses the command prompt, which opens quite
    visibly. There is a way to hide that. Or you could use windows
    scripting host, that may he less visible. Another alternative is an
    EXE you write or compile e.g. in C or VB.
    And regarding startup folder, there are alternatives, a clever thing
    to do is use the program autoruns by sysinternals, and see the
    different places you can put a program for it to start up
    automatically. I certainly wouldn't do that to somebody's "personal"
    computer though. Better to use the startup folder.

    this link here
    http://ask-leo.com/auto_start_how_do_i_run_a_program_automatically_when_windows_starts.html
    suggests besides startup folder,

    autoruns,

    exetoservice
    http://www.exetoservice.com/
    exetoservice.exe <-- to convert an app to a service and have the
    service start automatically.

    somebody mentioned something about local policy..
    There is a gpedit.msc I don't see an icon for it in XP , not by
    default anyway.
    user configurstion..windows settings..scripts
    and you can add them there.

    interesting links

    http://ask-leo.com/auto_start_how_do_i_run_a_program_automatically_when_windows_starts.html
    The ask-leo link , already mentioned, is v useful. mentions general
    ways, including touching on gpedit.msc

    http://techsupt.winbatch.com/ts/T000001048F90.html
    (could be v useful to you , mentions about gpedit.msc)
    adding scripts to startup.

    http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=129347
    mentions how to get gpedit.msc on XP Home

    http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/howto-18.html
    mentions about ASR(Never used it), and other things people want from
    XP Pro in XP Home. May be some of those things are useful though.

    , Aug 18, 2008